GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. They have changed virtually every connector with the exception of the front power connector, the rear power connector (trunk interior light), the spoiler and the aux audio input.

2. The seat. If you hated getting your seat on and off on your 2001-2011, be prepared for a new level of hate. I've taken hundreds of seats off on 1800's. This one plain sucks. There are new 'tabs' on the bottom of the seat for the sidecovers. In addition to the self ejecting rubber things that you have to repress into the seat they didn't change.

3. All the connectors are booted now. Should help with dust issues.

4. The lower trunk panel is now 3 pieces sans the trim. They come off MUCH easier.

5. Tail light comes out with 4 acorn nuts. The sleeved washers are sure to fall out when you push the light studs back into their mounting holes.

Note - the new saddlebags WILL attack your clothes. The pointed tail is the culprit.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Thanks Lewis, just another reason to keep my 2008.:thumbup:

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
And to think some of these grumpy old farts said Honda didn't change anything on the 2012.ROTFLMAO at them now.

I'm glad Honda reworked all the early connector issues,as well as all new "click" switches that were prone to fail on 01-10 bikes.
Now they have better switches amoung other upgrades the cry babies will never find out about unless they buy one to realize HONDA made things better.

Face it Lewis,Some guys can strip out a screw going into plastic,so the new seat will toss them over the edge..

ROTFLMAO at the future threads I'll see posted about this little seat episode.:eek:4:

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Lewis,

Are they no longer Hitachi ? Or is it that they are just now booted ?

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lewis,

Are they no longer Hitachi ? Or is it that they are just now booted ?
Bill,

All the 'legacy connectors' (anything that Honda has used on previous models and kept using) are the same. Headset plug is still a 6 pin Hitachi.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Thanks Lewis.

Do the 6 pin use the same gender and pin out on the inside ends ? They were different between those used on the 1500 and 01-11-1800, both in gender (reversed) and pin out.

How about the 2 pin passenger CB PTT switch connector ? The 1500 used a 6 pin here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts