GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone with a new 2012 Gold Wing plan on using any type of shim or device that will disable the anti-dive like we did on the older bikes? I did it to my '08 and now I have a 2012 and was just wondering if I should disable the anti-dive or just leave as is?

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
I think Honda took care of the problem back in 06, I've never had any problems with mine.

·
Vendor
18,414 Posts
ADV's mainly go bad from not flushing the brake system as required. If they do go bad, replace it and flush the system as required every 12k.

Is yours giving you problems?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I must disagree on the 06-08 bikes. I and many others feel that the A/D is a disaster from the get go. I already had a pair of Progressive springs and a shim ready to stick in, when I got a little financial windfall and could afford to go full Traxxion.

My front end sucked on the drive home from the dealer, and did not improve until I drove out of the Traxxion parking lot.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have a 2010 model and had the ADV working just fine from day one HOWEVER after I shimmed it partially disabling the AD function, my ride improved demonstrably. It now rides as one would expect a Goldwing should ride, softer but responsive. I only did this after tracking the topic for a while and after I replaced my front springs with Progressive springs. I heard that the OEM springs are too soft and the Progressive springs stiffen the front end enough to allow the ADV shim mod to work properly. Traxxion rebuild accomplishes the same thing from what I hear. The shim looks stock and the ride is improved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts