GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone with a new 2012 Gold Wing plan on using any type of shim or device that will disable the anti-dive like we did on the older bikes? I did it to my '08 and now I have a 2012 and was just wondering if I should disable the anti-dive or just leave as is? I posted this on the tech forum also.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Just disabling the anti-dive is a mistake. You should at least replace the springs if you diable the anti-dive. The OEM springs a (or at least were on the '01-'10) just too weak to adequately support the bike.

I also hear if you disable the anti-dive (or otherwise modify your bike), your insurance company may deny any claim you make for an accident. :roll:

Does anyone with a new 2012 Gold Wing plan on using any type of shim or device that will disable the anti-dive like we did on the older bikes? I did it to my '08 and now I have a 2012 and was just wondering if I should disable the anti-dive or just leave as is? I posted this on the tech forum also.

·
Registered
512 Posts
sjones,

the engineers at Honda did put the anti-dive valve on the bike for a purpose,and more than likely as a (hopefully) transparent safety/comfort feature. regardless what everyone does with this device , i would say leave it as it is. what is it 'hurting'? everyone likes to think they have come up with a better mousetrap on some things,but, bottom line i would say the Honda engineers , and who knows how many collaborate together on what goes in the GW, have access to lots more resources in regards to the GW functionality capabilities than the average Joe does.
just my opinion.

take care,
bc

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
You might want to wait on that until you put some miles on the 12.Honda changed all the parts in the forks (new part numbers).in other words they aren't the same forks as your 08's were.
Will you feel the need to do this later on will be up to you and only you?.

·
Registered
524 Posts
:agree:with Rocky that would be a very sensible solution.

·
Registered
19,312 Posts
If you are happy with the ride-leave it alone. If not experiment. Like Rocky said there are changes and only you can determine if the suspension is right for you

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I put the nickle fix into my 07 and saw a good improvement.

Don't think it would help my 2012 because it is already better than my 07 with the fix.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts