GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Vendor
18,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have info on the bluethooth abilities on the 2012. I think I heard that it was a feature of the new Wing. Does that mean that a person can put their cell phone in bluetooth mode and not miss a call through their helmat?

·
Registered
863 Posts
i read my owners manual but found nothing about this. but i have scala 2 and it is bluetooth and i can receive calls.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have a 2012 level 4 and it has no Bluetooth capabilities (the bike's only drawback in my mind)...

·
Vendor
18,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to you both for letting me know. I think it was an old girl freind that told me the 2012s did, but I shouldn't be and will stop listening to her.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2012 level 4 and it has no Bluetooth capabilities (the bike's only drawback in my mind)...
JD. Sometimes that cord is not all bad. I turned my new BMW K bike to the dealer for someone else because of the bluetooth only operation. Lots of complaints and I won't get into that. A CB was not an option. J&M has a bluetooth, but it doesn't mesh with the BMW bluetooth. Read the current Motorcycle Consumers mag and feel good about that 2012 Wing. I also have a Wing and was unhappy with the cosmetics of the 2012 because I didn't see real changes........I've changed.... I'll probably be buying the 2012 Wing. Regards to the forum.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The only way I could get Bluetooth capability on my 2012 Wing was to spend money on some J&M products that work through my Garmin GPS directly into my wired headset. It took the better part of a morning for me to install it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hmm I thought there was a Bluetooth adapter that hooked up to the Goldwings headset plug and then allowed Bluetooth headsets to work with the Goldwing factory radio/nav/etc ???

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hmm I thought there was a Bluetooth adapter that hooked up to the Goldwings headset plug and then allowed Bluetooth headsets to work with the Goldwing factory radio/nav/etc ???
Who told you that?

Any "Bluetooth adapter" you buy is not part of the bike. It is going to be aftermarket.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Who told you that?

Any "Bluetooth adapter" you buy is not part of the bike. It is going to be aftermarket.
Umm I never said it was "part of the bike". I said "a Bluetooth adapter that hooked up to the Goldwings headset plug and then allowed Bluetooth headsets to work with the Goldwing factory radio/nav/etc".

And there is . Made by J&M. Total cost for harness, adapter, and headsets is around $1400. A bit more than I want to spend.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Sorry,

I have the J&M stuff.

This is what I put in my 2012:
JM-CFRG-GL18 GPS and Radar Integration kit --$315

JM-CFRG-Zumo660 Adapter Harness --$68

This stuff allows me to have my Zumo talking to me through my wired headset and my bluetooth phone works through the Zumo. And, I can listen to the Goldwing audio services (am, fm, weather, my ipod, intercom). So, that's plenty of distractions for me!

I had Bluetooth headsets before (ScalaRider). The folks at Sierra steered me away from that and into the wired sets (Which was still less than $1000 for everything including the above stuff).

·
Registered
528 Posts
There are only two "made for the Goldwing" systems that I know of, and those are the J&M and Kennedy. If I'm wrong, I would be interested in who else has other options.
I have installed a Motorola car system on my bike but I'm not happy with the performance so I will eventually upgrade.

And as far as the 2012, I have searched every article I could find when It was released, all I found were complaints that it is not included on the new 2012 GL1800.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I have the Kennedy cellset. It works very well and I think is less expensive than J&M.

·
Registered
172 Posts
And as far as the 2012, I have searched every article I could find when It was released, all I found were complaints that it is not included on the new 2012 GL1800.
Or, ask any of us who own a 2012. We all wish that it were, we all think it should be, and we all know it is not included.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Autocom in the UK has a bluetooth "aad on" not too expensive. I believe it allows you to hear the audio from the wing and allows the audio from the headset to pass to the CB. I may be wrong about the CB. There is a known problem with audio delay with the mic lines on blue tooth and J&M are the only company who have "cracked" the problem. They have NO plans to make thier system compatable with the likes of Scala so im personally boycotting that company.

I am however fitting a PC to my 08 and will utilise the NAV screen so will let you know if i get the bluetooth running.

Nigel

·
Registered
381 Posts
Oh,

you could try using a smart phone as an audio hub and then use the BT headset to pair with the phone hub. Complicated but not to hard i would imagine.

Nigel

·
Registered
205 Posts
nigel ,,,,,

very sorry you feel that way about J&M and our compatibility with Scala Rider Bluetooth headsets ,,,,

the J&M Bluetooth system for the Gold Wing is the ONLY wireless headset system that duplicates, on the Gold Wing, all of the functions, features AND audio performance, of our corded headsets, but without the cord ,,,,,

,,, we then we added additional features such as the driver and passenger being able to BOTH link their J&M Bluetooth headsets, to their own individual cell phones, while being simultaneously linked to the J&M Blu<>Hub dongle06/05 ,,,,

J&M had to invest significant $$$ in our own custom JMAHP Bluetooth software profile to make this all work ,,,,

The Scala headset software stack does not have a profile anything like the J&M Bluetooth headsets, nor does Sena or ANY OTHER BRAND ,,,

we did not exclude all those other brand headsets, from linking to the Blu<>Hub for any selfish marketing reasons ,,,, they are excluded simply because those other brands do not have the JMAHP profile available ,,,,,,

take a look at new Blu<>Hub dongle06 and connection harness on the GL-1800 page at http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=32 ,,,,,,,,

J&M Bluetooth headset options on the Bluetooth page at http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=30 ,,,,,,,

informative video on this system on the J&M You-Tube audio channel at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDCiA-qYKDc ,,,,,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts