GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2012 Basic,kept my CB,does any one have a diagram to were the wires plug in, now that the radio has been moved to the trunk,and weather the previous CB will even plug in,which I hope it will. Thank You [email protected]

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Watching this post also.

If someone had the pinouts for the connectors, that would be great.

I won't pay for the OEM or aftermarket CB.

It should be relatively easy to hook up a regular CB without too much trouble.

Wouldn't have all the functionality, but I would rarely use it anyway.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
You can't use your previous CB. The AU and CB are both changed. The CB list price is $50 less for the 2012 than was for the 2001-2011 CBs.

I have photos of the AU than I can post later this evening.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Put that CB back in the old bike..The 2012 has a whole new wiring harness,And requires a new CB.

The 2012 CB is now a plug n play.Lift out the radio and plug the CB right into the harness right there.Install the antenna and you're done ,and it's all done in the trunk now..How simple is that!
And guys think Honda just made changes to the plastic..lol

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Rocky, Did you get a 2012? I thought you were thinking about it a while back?

·
Banned
7,604 Posts
While the new 2012 does have different connectors for the CB, I am awaiting answers from the likes of Sierra Electronics and GL2way or someone w/knowledge to figure out a way to make the "old" Honda CB's as well as the older GL2ways to work in the 2012 Wing!

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Rocky, Did you get a 2012? I thought you were thinking about it a while back?

I like no payments and a new 0 miles engine to much to do so for the time being.

That is unless another mail truck wants to donate more cash for the cause. :shrug: lol

Joe.I paid 15K cash for this bike.
Honda with this new engine has paid over 17K for the ten different warranty repairs .(can you imagine what that would of cost out of pocket.)
The USPS donated $8700 for a new paint job.:thumbup:
Now why would I go and get rid of a free bike with 0 miles.:shrug:

·
Banned
2,967 Posts
The CB looks similar to the previous unit, I was concerned that they had gone to a different connection method and communication protocol but as there is actually more wires 14 as opposed to 13 like before so I don't believe this is the case as most of the new CB units on motorcycles have only 8 wires

We will be doing some work to find out if we can make an adaptor to fit the old OEM to the new radio

·
Banned
2,967 Posts
Watching this post also.

If someone had the pinouts for the connectors, that would be great.

I won't pay for the OEM or aftermarket CB.

It should be relatively easy to hook up a regular CB without too much trouble.

Wouldn't have all the functionality, but I would rarely use it anyway.
You would imagine, but unfortunately Panasonic don't make it that easy certainly the audio pathways on the 2001-2010 audio unit do not become active without a CB connected to the data bus I would not imagine that this has changed as the CB button does not work without a CB preset on the 2012 so even with the pinouts the connector is pretty much useless to you, there are only two manufacturers that have anything that can use that connector

1 - 9 of 9 Posts