GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see there is a new part number for the 2012 OEM CB. (08F64-MCA-100B) The "B" suffix denotes the 2012 version. Does anyone know what changes if any were made to the new model? Different plugs? Different filter? Can the old model CB be adapted to the 2012?
:?::?::?:

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
No the 01-10 CB will NOT fit in the 2012.

The 2012 has a whole new harness.it's a Plug n play in the trunk now.vs the run the main cord up near the front of the radio.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
I see there is a new part number for the 2012 OEM CB. (08F64-MCA-100B) The "B" suffix denotes the 2012 version. Does anyone know what changes if any were made to the new model? Different plugs? Different filter? Can the old model CB be adapted to the 2012?
:?::?::?:
If you have the old model a conversion will be available soon to allow you to use it

·
Registered
267 Posts
Len, :congrats: on ur new ride. Can't wait to get mine.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
The 2012 cb has no filters, and the leads are very short because it sits right under the radio, which it plugs directly into.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
I looked at the new CB in it's box,and their were filters for the fuel pump and each fan motor,that attach the same as before,and in the same places. the antena wire seems longer than before. You can look it up on this web. http://www.babbittsonline.com/honda-motorcycle-parts#/Honda/GL1800_

Your looking in the old box I have a 2012 CB sitting on my desk there are no filters to install everything other than the antenna happens in the trunk the install is easy. (If you were so inclined you could run the antenna in the trunk and not take the seat off)

Here is the content page

This is the 2012 CB radio

And for reference here is the 2001-2010 Content page (This is an early one the case changed in 2008 )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts