GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are working on a few options.....this is our latest working version. 8 watt LED. Don't have any pricing or lead times yet....just showing progress.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Very nice look.

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
I like how it fills in the odd shaped hole completely and the gasket is a nice touch.

Good job Lewis! :thumbup:

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Looks nice. I was also thinking of maybe a 2-stage setup with a large, bright LED "driving light" cluster in the upper/inside corner and a series of conspicuity LEDs in an L-shape along the outside and lower edges. Kind of like the Audi eyebrow lights.

·
Registered
674 Posts
how much light will be lost behind the cowl? it looks like the lamp is bigger than the opening.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Looks way nicer than stuffing a round one on. That should work well. Nice work!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how much light will be lost behind the cowl? it looks like the lamp is bigger than the opening.
For us to be able to fill the hole, the light has to be bigger than the cutout. However, due to the fluting on the lens, almost no light is lost. If I had to slap a percentage on it, maybe 2%.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Love that look I want them with the gasket. :thumbup:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Way nice! :cool:

·
Registered
513 Posts
:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Very nice! I might buy a 2012 just to get your driving lights installed!

·
Registered
674 Posts
For us to be able to fill the hole, the light has to be bigger than the cutout. However, due to the fluting on the lens, almost no light is lost. If I had to slap a percentage on it, maybe 2%.
COOL!!!!!

If I had a 2012 GL1800 I know what I would be chomping at the bit to buy!!!!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
We are working on a few options.....this is our latest working version. 8 watt LED. Don't have any pricing or lead times yet....just showing progress.

Hiya
Yes they look very nice but my concern is that the headlights on the 2012 will be dull looking without LED'S to match are any LED'S for the headlights available ?

I have a 2012 on order and was going to fit the honda LEDS lower lights and possibly HID'S (have them on my Beemer) they are great! on the headlights
the lights need to look all white..... or all yellow can't do with the mixed look it spoils it.

please keep any 2012 stuff coming....:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts