GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have had the 2012 Lev3 for over two weeks now and a few things:

The seat is freaking awesome, in the last 2 weeks I experienced 43 - 104 degree weather and the seat stayed comfortable through all of it, no hot spots.

The heated grips and seat seems to have better temperature range as well.

The wobbles have not showed up in over 2300 miles. Steering is still very direct and the bike follows every rider input like it should.

The new nav/radio and its additional audio integration is a huge plus over what I had.

The suspension is still at 0 with no bottoming out one up and at about 10 with two up riding. Same high speed on and off ramps and I have not scraped the headers like I did on the previous wing.

SO loves the fact that there is additional storage even though minimal she noticed it.

SO Diggs the color and commented on the improved seat comfort a few times.

Overall I think she's a keeper.

BTW - DJFire has my permission to hijack this thread...

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
I'm glad you are enjoying the 2012 first hand.:thumbup:

I would laugh at the psychics who knew nothing had changed.But a guy who owned say a 06 up bike who knew how to dissect things would get that while Honda didn't list every detail they did to each of the things they improved on the 2012.
A smart guy would know or pick up on the differences of what was actually changed or shall I say Improved on.

It's laughable how most think Honda only changed plastic on the 2012.But what Honda didn't say is more important that what they did.

The only way guys like you will find out what each and every improvement is is to buy one.

Thank you for your updates.I had hopes of at least one new owner would get it or shall I say get to learn about all the improvements.My hats off to you.:bow:

I also like how the switches have a more ratchet/click feel to them now.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Rocky, are you going to get a 2012 or keep you white wing?

·
Registered
8,095 Posts

Almost looks like Darth Vader in your avatar.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Well I have had the 2012 Lev3 for over two weeks now and a few things:

The seat is freaking awesome, in the last 2 weeks I experienced 43 - 104 degree weather and the seat stayed comfortable through all of it, no hot spots.

The heated grips and seat seems to have better temperature range as well.

The wobbles have not showed up in over 2300 miles. Steering is still very direct and the bike follows every rider input like it should.

The new nav/radio and its additional audio integration is a huge plus over what I had.

The suspension is still at 0 with no bottoming out one up and at about 10 with two up riding. Same high speed on and off ramps and I have not scraped the headers like I did on the previous wing.

SO loves the fact that there is additional storage even though minimal she noticed it.

SO Diggs the color and commented on the improved seat comfort a few times.

Overall I think she's a keeper.

BTW - DJFire has my permission to hijack this thread...
Oh no, say it ain't so! Do you actually like the new Wing or are you pulling our leg? The 2012 can't be any better because it uses the same engine and transmission, right? Just kidding, of course.

Truthfully, I like reading reviews from people who actually own and ride their bikes. While magazine writers may get a bike for a day or two, they don't have the responsibility of actually owning those bikes and dealing with them on a daily basis for long periods of time. In other words, don't believe everything you read. I think most of us Wingers realize that Gold Wings are an acquired taste and the longer you have them the more you like them. They are truly "long haul" bikes in every sense of the word.

To head and others who take the time to keep us informed, thanks for the honest reviews and keep them coming! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Keep the up-dates coming.

I'm looking at going double or triple Traxxon or what ever it is called full Monte.

Maybe just might spend a little bit more and get a 2012.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Have any details on this? Am curious.

I have not scraped the headers like I did on the previous wing.
Eh? did you remove the engine guards?

·
Banned
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Banned
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have any details on this? Am curious.

Eh? did you remove the engine guards?
Well I am comparing it to the 2008 Airbag Model I had before:
The 2012 has XM, NavTraffic and NavWeather the 2008 did not.
The 2012 has Ipod interface the 2008 did not
The 2012 has usb interface the 2008 did not
The 2012 and 2008 has aux in, left pocket
The 2012 has surround feature and overall sound quality is better than 2008, I will wait awhile before I upgrade the speakers and amp, which I did on the 2008.

Engine guards are there, on the 08 I scraped through half of them and on occasion I would scrape the headers and the lower engine covers as well. Since I travel the same 78 miles to work and back i have not scraped a thing on the 2012 yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts