GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to help a friend update the firmware on his 2012. I was just provided a copy of 2.90 sys.bin and started doing a little reading on doing the update. I came across some threads were people were having some issues with errors after doing the update and it was being recommended to go with the 2.80 instead. I was able to track down that file as well. So I have both. Has anyone recently had any issues with the 2.90? If you had a choice, is the 2.90 the way to go or is 2.80 a better choice?

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
No !!!

I tried 2.80 when it was released and had MAJOR problems with recalculations and trying to send you back to the beginning of a route when you missed the waypoint. When 2.90 was released, it fixed the NAV system. No more recalculations if points missed, routed you back on your running route and I had NO further issues with the Honda NAV system. In fact I stopped using my Garmin 660 except for a rolling map and used the Honda NAV 100%. In fact I built some very complex routes using Garmin Basecamp I uploaded to the Honda NAV system and never had any issues after uploading 2.90...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts