GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the choices for the 2012 driving lights, that will fit in the stock cowling. I checked Hals site, ect... do'nt like the LEDs not enough light output. thanks

·
Registered
168 Posts
Not much out there right now that is built for the 2012 specifically. Just the Led square lights from EC.

You can get most of the fog lights/driving lights from previous airbag models to work with a little work but they are not built specifically to fill the 2012 hole so it will not look 100% professional but it will work.

Give it a few months :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will have a x-mas wish list , it would have been nice to have the same cowling as prev 1800's but I'm one of the few that like the new look, this is my 3rd gl1800. Thanks for the info....

·
Registered
375 Posts
I used my New lower cowl off my 08 , and used my almost new Show Chrome fog lights, had to buy an airbag model OEM Fog Light switch, but it came out great and works like a champ.

Attachments

·
Registered
318 Posts
The OEM Honda LED lights are very bright and consume much less power, that's what I put on my 2012.

·
Registered
166 Posts
do the honda oem leds have nice tight beams or are they more spread and short throw lights. i have been looking for lower lights and am still not sure what to get. i dont mind changing the cowling as i think the round lights look better and i kind of like the chrome look on this part of the bike.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bartman , looks like we have a winner I like the Six Shooter's and your demo of them. I need something to light up the sides of our Georgia roads , LOTS OF DEER ect... Thanks

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Bartman , looks like we have a winner I like the Six Shooter's and your demo of them. I need something to light up the sides of our Georgia roads , LOTS OF DEER ect... Thanks
Oh, that's not me doing the demo. That's "pumptech" up in Iowa. Good pics though. :thumbup:

Those combined with a set of HID's in the low beams and you'll be good to go! ;)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
All we really need is a small plastic chrome stick on bezel to fill in the holes, allowing for the use of round lights.

BTW; I had HID low beams put on. The mfr. says they will also have fog lights soon.

·
Registered
85 Posts
OEM's Back Ordered

When I purchased the 2012 bike three weeks ago, I ordered the OEM foglights. Got word that the OEM kit was backordered until the 15th. Found out today that the delivery date is now after Oct 1st.

Kid at the counter said mother "honda released the bike before the accessories were available".

It kind of peeves me off that I would be sold these things if not available. Now, to learn there are those of you on the board that have them.... Hmm.... Who is blowing smoke up my rear...

Anyways, its getting dark after hours and I would really like to get more lights. Possibly have to switch over to aftermarket.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Line of crap!

When I purchased the 2012 bike three weeks ago, I ordered the OEM foglights. Got word that the OEM kit was backordered until the 15th. Found out today that the delivery date is now after Oct 1st.

Kid at the counter said mother "honda released the bike before the accessories were available".

It kind of peeves me off that I would be sold these things if not available. Now, to learn there are those of you on the board that have them.... Hmm.... Who is blowing smoke up my rear...

Anyways, its getting dark after hours and I would really like to get more lights. Possibly have to switch over to aftermarket.
WOW:22yikes:....I was given the same line of [email protected]&t!!

When I ordered them I asked in advance if they were available and they told me yes. So I ordered them with a bunch of other stuff. Well everything else came but no fog lights.:cry: When I inquired, I was told that "They are a different part number and that Honda had to test each one before they are shipped!":confused:

I told the parts guy he was full of crap and that the part number is the same as the 01-10 abs fog lights. When he checked he agreed it was the same part number and then changed his story.

I dont know what to believe. I asked for a refund of just the fog lights and was told that I would incur a "25% RESTOCKING FEE" Can you believe that!! :banghead: They dont have them but they will have to restock them?!? So Im stuck???

Any ideas?

·
Registered
36 Posts

Me, too. Ordered mine when I purchased the bike. Sales did tell me that they were back ordered. Took 5 weeks to get the bike, lights were still back ordered. Expecting to get them this week, so hopefully only 8 weeks after ordering. Oh well, I'll be happy to get them finally installed. :coffee1:

·
Registered
154 Posts
I asked for a refund of just the fog lights and was told that I would incur a "25% RESTOCKING FEE" Can you believe that!! :banghead: They dont have them but they will have to restock them?!? So Im stuck???

Any ideas?
First ask the General Manager or the Owner if it is worth losing all your future business to enforce the restocking fee. If they persist tell them exactly what you are going to do, then do it and never go back and tell all your friends and anyone who will listen not to do business with them.

If you paid by credit card you can tell the dealer to stuff his restocking fee for a part that has not been delivered. Just call your Credit Card company and stop payment on the transaction. Tell them the truth and they will make the dealer refund the full amount. You can tell the dealer this and give him the chance to do the right thing before you go to the credit card company.
Under the Merchant Agreement the dealership has with the credit card companies they must have ALL their policies printed on the receipt that you sign. If the restocking fee is not there you win with the credit card company no matter if the policy is on a sign 50 feet high in the middle of the parking lot. Not on something with your signature, you win.
This is one area where the credit card companies are totally on your side. They will always side with the card holder unless the Merchant is in 100% compliance and even then they will side with the customer more often than not.

If you paid cash small claims court is the only remedy but you can make him pay all the costs for that... PITB but you do have some options.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
We just added another version of our 6 Shooter LEDs. I found an awesome little waterproof LED switch. Drops the cost of the kit a bit too.

·
Vendor
22,244 Posts
Lewis, I like that switch.

Do you know if the switch from my 2009 panel will fit in my 2012? Is it the same, or did they change the design of it so the old switches won't work.

By the way, I've come up with a real good mounting solution for your lens covers I need to share with you. It eliminates using RTV or putting a screw through the cowl and works great.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Lewis, I like that switch.

Do you know if the switch from my 2009 panel will fit in my 2012? Is it the same, or did they change the design of it so the old switches won't work.
Only the airbag switch fits the 2012.

By the way, I've come up with a real good mounting solution for your lens covers I need to share with you. It eliminates using RTV or putting a screw through the cowl and works great.
Sweet! Looking forward to hearing about it!

·
Registered
277 Posts
We just added another version of our 6 Shooter LEDs. I found an awesome little waterproof LED switch. Drops the cost of the kit a bit too.

Thanks Lewis!
I just ordered this kit :thumbup:
Looking forward to putting it one my 2012, then I'll post some pics...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts