GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm picking up my 2012 in two weeks, and I'm a bit worried about the front forks. Anyone with feedback on the new ones? Have the "new settings" improved the ride on the front end?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Not sure what you had before to compare to. I had 02 with progressive springs front and rear. the 2012 is a major improvement over the previous suspension. I think you will be very happy. I sure am with mine. did you test ride one yet?

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
I'm picking up my 2012 in two weeks, and I'm a bit worried about the front forks. Anyone with feedback on the new ones? Have the "new settings" improved the ride on the front end?
The 2012 has totally new forks.meaning they have new part numbers compared to all the other 1800's.Even the triple trees are different.

Everyone who now owns a 12 says the ride quaility is greatly improved for 2012.Only you will know if you already have owned a previous 1800.

Congrats on the new bike.:thumbup:

·
Registered
19,324 Posts
:congrats:

ride the 2012 for a while. I am sure the aftermarket companies will come running with improvements. Like Rocky said the 2012's have improved forks and only you can be the judge of the ride

·
Vendor
18,148 Posts
Everyone who I talked to at WingDing 33 who rode the 2012 was really impressed with the ride. Apparently the seat is narrower too near the front for shorter legged people.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I had a 07 Wing before the 12, and I can tell you they feel great.
The 07 always had a little front end wobble when coming to a stop, not a lot but it was noticable.
With the 12GW there is no wobble at all so far. I have 3500mi on mine so far I have tryed coming to a stop holding the grips as lightly as possible and have noticed no wobble yet.
So what ever Honda did to the forks they did it right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts