GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do I loose my navigation? I don't need the Sat. Radio with the Ipod hook up. I don't want to loose Navi though. In the cage I use my Driod but don't have Bluetooth yet. Any advice?
Thanks

·
Registered
307 Posts
You will loose the Weather Radar but you can subscribe to it by itself if you want. $3.99 or $4.99 a month I believe.

·
Registered
69 Posts
You will loose the Weather Radar but you can subscribe to it by itself if you want. $3.99 or $4.99 a month I believe.
...sort of correct, except that there is a significant upcharge if you get weather as a stand-alone subscription. I've been down that road and the final cost for weather alone was almost the price of the two items together...good luck getting anywhere with xm on the phone. The phone jockeys do not understand their products. Either they are dumb as a box of rocks or just don't care??
I tough'd it out without xm for a while but caved because I couldn't live without the weather.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am doing fine without the weather and traffic features. Found out they have a music only subscription for $11.99 per month so I got that! Don't listen to all the other BS on there anyway.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Yes, you lose navigation and your new GW will be limited to 55 mph. But the good news is that you will not have to deal with XM anymore - which is well worth the tradeoff. :joke:

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I am doing fine without the weather and traffic features. Found out they have a music only subscription for $11.99 per month so I got that! Don't listen to all the other BS on there anyway.
seeing as most manage to get music for $7 a month (plus the $2 or so for "copyright" ... sounds like you didn't get what I would call a deal.

I opted to get just the NavWeather ... which by itself is $10 ... but if you take both Weather AND Traffic, you get it for just $7. Must have some sharp accountants working in the back office :shrug:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts