GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the 2012 audio speakers are the same as earlier models '06 up to '10? Just wondering if Honda changed the speakers on the 2012 models! My 2012 audio sounds pretty good, but just wondering also if there might be a better alternative. I replaced my '08 speakers with J&M's and the sound was better!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Have no details, but I do believe the speakers were upgraded along with the audio system. I haven't used the headsets in my helmet since riding my 2012, the sound system is awesome!:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Don't know but check out the 2012 sub board someone there might know or check out the eletronic board or give larry m he works on the audio of earlier goldwings he might know just a suggestion. I tried serching but came up blank for 2012 :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't change the speakers unless you had some trouble.

I think they work/sound great.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I haven't found a 2012 parts site yet, but I suspect that the actual speakers are the same as the '06 to '10 models. The only thing that has changed is the way the audio unit handles the speakers on the '12 models, i.e., SRS vs AMB.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Rode a 12 Friday... speakers seems to distort way before my 07's.

As a pro DJ by trade sound is something I am pretty in tune with. Get it, in tune. :wrong:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rode a 12 Friday... speakers seems to distort way before my 07's.

As a pro DJ by trade sound is something I am pretty in tune with. Get it, in tune. :wrong:
I thought the same thing! I had put in the J&M's on my '08 and they seemed to sound better that the ones on my 2012 the best I can remember! I could turn up the volume more with the J&M's over the 2012's before distortion came in to play!!!

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts