GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice we now have a 2012 specific board section. Is the '12 edition so different we need that? Is it a technical board, or a general board, or an exclusive club board? I feel kinda left out --- not really. ;-)

prs

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
I tend to agree. The engine etc is basically the same just the tupperware different. Guess we may need to check both boards if we are looking for mechanical solutions. This is one of those Damned if you do and Damned if you don't.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Most people think that the 12 is nothing more than plastic changes.But that's not true..Even the cases/frames have different part numbers.

They aren't just like the 01-10's

So a new sub board is needed to keep the information seperate.No one is saying that anyone can't read it to learn of the differences.

Just look at this General board that is "Supposed" to be Motorcycle related and how threads are all over the spectrum.You'd think you were on facebook.:eek:4:

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I am glad for the 2012 guys. Where is the best GL1500 board?
I hope the 01-10's board stays for many a year to come.

Herb

·
Registered
658 Posts
Once again the whinners won. I saw this posted in an earlier thread.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
From what I've seen, it's a board for newby 2012 Wing owners (they're special). Guess they can find out from each other which crush washer is best. lol
I think they changed the part number for the crush washer... significant upgrade. :joke:

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
IMPORTANT NEWS FLASH:

Nothing prevents pre-2012 owners from reading the 2012 forum.

Nothing prevents the 2012 owners from reading the other forums.

Persons all in a snit over this new 2012 forum are encouraged to unbunch their shorts and calm down. YEESH!

·
Registered
49 Posts
crush washer is now areo tuned on 2012

I read that they did areo tune the crush washer on the 2012 model. Also 2012 are only welcomed at coldstone, brusters and other high end ice cream stores.. 2010 and below will continue to meet at Dairy Queen.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
IMPORTANT NEWS FLASH:

Nothing prevents pre-2012 owners from reading the 2012 forum.

Nothing prevents the 2012 owners from reading the other forums.

Persons all in a snit over this new 2012 forum are encouraged to unbunch their shorts and calm down. YEESH!
...that would be 'panties'. :joke:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts