GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a new 2012 Goldwing, was wondering how you like it, thinking about getting one,would be my 5th wing. Thanks

·
Registered
100 Posts
got mine yesterday,got 395 miles on it already,love the softer ride over the 2009 I traded in,The seat is a little firmer which is good,the bags are larger which is good, also the exhaust seems quieter with a difrent tone which I like,the new-Stone tires feel good on the road,I got the Red Basic and the wife said it looks real sharp on the road,and you don't have to worry about loosing the battery side covers any more, as you have to open the saddle bag to remove them,The new shape of the fairing does a better job protecting your knees,and legs. Don't Hesitate...

·
Registered
267 Posts
:congrats: on your new ride. I am chewing on the bit for mine.

·
Registered
122 Posts
:yes1:Got my 2012 4weeks ago. 4200miles so far.Love it. The ride is much improved and the bike just feels lighter even tho I know it isnt. Mine is Level 3. Nav works good. Nice to able to program routes onto the sd card and then upload to bike. Seat is a huge improvement over the previous stock seat. I think you will really like it.

Only flaws I see are the bugs still hit the front and the miles go on fast.
HAHA

·
Registered
224 Posts
Tires

G-Wing

Thanks!!

I'm thinking about getting one as well. Not sure if I want a level 3 (2008 L3 now) or a level 4. Time to think about it. Thanks again

·
Registered
318 Posts
Nice to able to program routes onto the sd card and then upload to bike. Seat is a huge improvement over the previous stock seat. I think you will really like it.
Congrats :yes1:

Do you get a DVD to load the maps on your computer? Does it use Garmin's Mapsource?

I pick mine up on Tues. :)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Got mine about 4 or 5 weeks ago, 3400mi and no sign or any front end wobble yet :thumbup:
You will love it, should have got a white one though they are the fastest ones.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My two cents, this is my 5th 1800, a white 2012 basic pkg. With only 600 miles on this one and 179,000 miles on GL1800's: Last 3 1800's had progressive suspention before they left showroom. So far this 2012 rides like it should. :thumbup: Speedo mph runs dead on with my garmin.:thumbup: Cruise control has no lag.:thumbup: Radio volume actually goes up and down with speed.:thumbup: Great sound from radio,:thumbup: like USB hook up, has great sound but I have pause in mine to be addressed.:shrug: seems tighter than 08 did but it had 50,000 on it. Contrary to previous post Honda can have their seat back and sit on it.:eek:4: It was made for someone but not 6ft 300 lbs. Lady's are not the only one's who love Diamonds. WINGFARMER

·
Registered
122 Posts
Mingo, no dvd with bike. You can use honda tripplanner but when i tried it did seem to work very well. I used mapsource that I had from my zumo. You just have to put them in gpx format to load on the card. Also create a Garmin folder on the card then a gpx subfolder. The bike has to read from the folders or it wont find anything. Then import to bike and then you can name the routes as you want.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Mine is 5 or 6 weeks old now with 5500 miles. (Red ABS, like my 07)

I like everything mentioned above, but especially like the stereo and the active weather mapping.

I use a cheap memory stick for music even though I bought the latest IPod before hand. The stick works just as well. 7 bucks for 4 Gig or 15 for 8 Gig. Plenty big for my collection.

Weather mapping saved me 3 times so far.

I use Microsoft Streets and Trips to make .GPX plots. Also have imported some made by others. Works great.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone have a new 2012 Goldwing, was wondering how you like it, thinking about getting one,would be my 5th wing. Thanks
Got mine the end of May and only have about 900 miles on it so far. I ordered level 4 (w/airbag) and was told there would be a 2 month delay so I settled for level 3. I agree with everything favorable said so far, it's one fantastic machine. I actually feel it could be quicker than my previous Wing. My wife decided the color should be black due to all the styling changes and I thought it would look 'stealthy' so I agreed but am now having some issues with that decision. Everything I heard about black is true and worse! It's like a moving dust magnet for everything airborne! Also, my last 1800 was yellow and I loved it dearly for always being visable. The combination of black w/no airbag could be making me paranoid to ride it! (good friend was seriously hurt recently on a black one because he wasn't seen)

Gary

·
Registered
318 Posts
Weather mapping saved me 3 times so far.

I use Microsoft Streets and Trips to make .GPX plots. Also have imported some made by others. Works great.
Would you elaborate on this please! What weather mapping do you get with the bike?

Also, which software does one have to use to plot routes on the GPS? Does it come with software for your computer?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I got a level one blue a week ago and the SO and I love it. Does anyone know what the rectangular box is under the rear fender? It has a drain hose coming out of it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts