GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a first for me. Today after riding all day I got off the bike and emptied the saddle and trunk bags to take my gear into a hotel. When I pressed the remote to lock the backs the turn signals on the dash kept blinking as did the taillights. The blinking did not stop until I pushed the unlock button on the remote.

I've never had this problem before. The bike is a 2012 with Nav and ABS.

Thoughts what caused this and how to fix??

Thanks!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I think one of the bags might not be closed tightly! That happens to me when one of my bags or the tour pack aren’t properly closed!

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
On more than one occasion my bags have all been closed mechanically; but one (or more) of the three switches that tell the system that the bags are closed, is a no good, lying, piece of electrical stuff! Opening and re-closing the lid(s) "FIRMLY" has corrected this issue, for me in the past.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,377 Posts
This is a first for me. Today after riding all day I got off the bike and emptied the saddle and trunk bags to take my gear into a hotel. When I pressed the remote to lock the backs the turn signals on the dash kept blinking as did the taillights. The blinking did not stop until I pushed the unlock button on the remote.

I've never had this problem before. The bike is a 2012 with Nav and ABS.

Thoughts what caused this and how to fix??

Thanks!
If you look at the display when you turn on the key, it should be flashing which item is not closed properly. If it’s one of the saddlebags, push firmly with your palms where the two latch hoops are placed on the door to see if one wasn’t latched completely. If it shows the trunk lid, open it and check the screws that hold the hoops in the lid. Make sure neither of them are loose. When everything is latched completely, each of the hoops has a normally closed switch that is held open by the hoop. If only one of them allows the switch to close, you get the flashing symbol on the display and they won’t lock. The flashing turn signals are an indication that they can’t lock because something is not closed completely.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@techdude - thank you for your helpful reply. You are right on the money with the issue. I am on a trip and the saddlebags are packed full so a little tight. I reallocated some of the saddlebag gear and have not had a problem since.

Thanks!

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,377 Posts
@techdude - thank you for your helpful reply. You are right on the money with the issue. I am on a trip and the saddlebags are packed full so a little tight. I reallocated some of the saddlebag gear and have not had a problem since.

Thanks!
Glad I could help. :grin2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts