GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read alot about the 2012 GW and have owned several of them.All had good and bad points but after a long ride on the 2012, I will be changing some things.First I feel that the suspension does give a better quality ride and it does seem to shift smoother.The audio on mine is fine and I can hear the radio good even having some hearing trouble.I like the tpms so there is no need to change valve stems now(which were overpriced).Tomorrow I will change the new seat to an Ultimate as I need more room and fell pushed to far forward.Highway pegs are next as I need to streech out my legs on most rides. The hitch off the old wing fits just like the old one except the drawbar has to be lengthened to get beyond rhe newly designed back of the bike.Also wiring is changed and a wire has to be run for the brake light under the seat which is easiest unless you want to take the trunk apart as ther are no brake lights on the bottom to hook to. All & all it has a great ride ,awesome power and fun to drive.

·
Registered
19,219 Posts
Not sure anyone has a seat that will fit the 2012 yet. The shape from the side view looks different than previous models

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Congrats on the new bike.:bow:.Now you'll have to remind yourself what you rode to the store when you walk out and look for what you used to ride.lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wingsoft can retrofit your existing seat to give you more leg room. Ultimate Seats started working on the 2012 last week, so they should have their King seat available soon.

I will probably trade later this year, once the availability of the 2012s has gone up, and the price gone down.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my ultimate seat fits great and looks and rides great and has the extra room I need.I also put a windbender windshield on.

·
Registered
394 Posts
nice review, thanks.
Please post more as you have more suggestions/observations with more miles on this new ride.
Enjoy it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After a weekend of riding and putting the windbender windshield on ,the torque master pipes on and the Ultimate seat on it is just about the way I want it.The new wider fairing will keep more wind off you and less water if it is raining but I do think I will put air wings on as the heat will get warm and wind will feelm good. When you unhook the factory seat you loose your heated grips also so they must be hookrd up in a circuit so they work? But the handling and ride are super.Glad I traded.:yes1:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts