GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the 2012 Gold Wings with Nav needs to have the maps updated or not???

·
15 year Member
6,896 Posts
Looks like no one know..... or didn't see your post....

Matt(BCNV) :?:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I wouldn't think the 2012 would "need" an update. The current map set delivered with the 2012 should work just fine. Garmin doesn't appear to have any new updates for the just released 2012 Wing and it's Navi maps. The new updates are for the '06 - '10 Navi bikes only.

Does anyone know if the 2012 Gold Wings with Nav needs to have the maps updated or not???

·
Registered
712 Posts
The 2012 Goldwing has the Garmin 2011.31 mapset installed. The latest Garmin Mapset is 2012.1.

The 2012 Goldwing is 2 mapsets behind the latest.

·
Registered
32 Posts

Out the door a new goldwing has maps that are, at least, a year old. Even if you are used to updating your car annually or have a 'lifetime' update for a portable device the garmin/honda adventure only allows updates annually...and even then when honda does authorize release the maps are nearly a year old.

·
Registered
911 Posts
What bugs me is...when I ordered my update for my 06 nav, I specifically asked if I'll receive the latest maps available (and was told YES) and I know that the update I will receive will not be 2012.1 or newer when they arrive...I will have words with them after I get them....ride safe...

Scott

·
Registered
13 Posts
Garmin GPS update

Got my GPS update for my 08 and the same night I got it I saw price dropped to 95 dollars. Anybody else get screwed ? Then I get email that there is a problem with some cards and they will email later. My bill came to $169.95. Thanks Garmin.
:wrong:

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
I can never tell a huge difference in the map sets when I update each year. They still don't show the street I live on after 7 years!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts