GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a level 1 2012 in early May and have put many miles on and did some changes for myself.I put on a ultimate seat on it,torque master exhaust,windbender windshield,bmw plugs for gerbings,hitch for the bunkhouse trailer,air wings for more air due to the wider fairing,fog lights,3 way Hyper lights and have them hooked to the rear spoiler for flashing brake lights.I also painted the black plastic to match the bike.My wife has a 05 1800 wing and the 12 has just as good lighting when sitting side by side the ride is just as good and the 05 has traxion suspension on it. So for someone comparing the two bikes I have been looking at a new 2012 for her to ride as IMHO the 12 is much superior to the other 1800s and as far as price goes you can still buy a new level 1 for under 20k. If I could change one thing I would like Honda to make ABS standerd on the wing or sell it as a level 1 with abs. Great bike

·
Registered
155 Posts
At last someone with a positive attitude:thumbup::thumbup: and great comments about the 2012 wing we all get a little fed up on forums of negative's all the time..

Glad you like your 2012 I hope i like mine better than my 2009 GL1800 when it docks in the UK.........

enjoy your bike;)

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I love my 2012 GW and the only changes I made were grip puppies and a Cramp Buster throttle rocker! I agree 100% that ABS should be standard.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Love mine too.....wished now I would have gotton a level four,instead of a three,oh well. I'm thinking about installing traxxion on the fork only. Just want a little better ride over the small stuff and maybe a little less harsh. I installed progressive mono tuube on my HD Streetglide and it made a huge difference. The oil/damper system is so out dated there's no fine adjustment like a cartidge gas charged shock. Whatcha think?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Picked up a 2012 a week ago. I have a 08 K1200GT as well. After riding the bike back to back I don't think the suspension on the GW is that bad. The front end is a bit harsh over sharp bumps, but the Beemer isn't all that compliant either.I've had a lot of motorcycles and like everything else nothing is ever perfect. Overall we are very happy with this bike.

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
Very interesting you think the 2012 lighting is as good as your 05!
Another thread, started by Tom Finch and supported by many, complains about the blacked out portion(which is non-focused anyway)makes the 2012 headlamp much dimmer than 2010's and earlier lamps!

I will assume your comment refers to the usable portion of the lamp as it illuminates the road and should be the same as previous years per FMVSS lighting requirements.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
The black part of the headlights is the back area not the lenses so it should affect the lights very little if at all.

·
Registered
19,232 Posts
How about a picture(with the blacked out parts painted)?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts