GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to import some practice routes to my new bike. Import Data from SD card does not high light with the card in the slot. Any recommendations.

Thanks
Ken

·
Registered
267 Posts
Did you make a garmin directory and a gpx sub directory on the sd car?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used the online honda route planner and that automatically saved the route as the GPX file. For map source...I saved to my desktop and then copied to sd card. No directory or sub directory.

·
Registered
318 Posts
You need to import the GPX file to the GPS using the Menu system on the bike. I have imported many GPX files. I use Garmin's Mapsource to create a route, then save it to the SD card.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I understand the menu....however when i go dto menu set up them import from sd card....the import line will not highlight so i can import

Ken

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Issue solved...found another posting and followed the guidance....worked like a champ.

1 create a garmin folder
2 create sub folder gpx within garmin folder
3 place gpx files into gpx folder

If you have mapsource from garmin...create your route and when saving, use the pull down and save as the gpx file...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Issue solved...found another posting and followed the guidance....worked like a champ.

1 create a garmin folder
2 create sub folder gpx within garmin folder
3 place gpx files into gpx folder

If you have mapsource from garmin...create your route and when saving, use the pull down and save as the gpx file...
What I said!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts