GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After returning from our recent 3,400 mile trip on which we heavily relied upon our Zumo 550, I was once again stuck by how amazing it is that this unit can detect when I am within 10 feet of a restaurant or intersection, but cannot detect when I have crossed into another time zone and update the clock accordingly.

It would also be nice to be automatically notified when crossing a state border without having to manually set a waypoint each time.

Is this something that the NAVI in the 2012 Goldwing can do?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I agree about the time zones, it would be nice to automatically change the clock. I don't think my Garmin portable GPS updates the time automatically though.
As far as state borders my nav does show the borders on the map.

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My '07 NAVI does display the state borders, but my ZUMO does not. Here are some features that I would like to see that would make the Zumo or NAVI more usable for serious touring:

Programmable buttons - Customize a button to take you to a certain function. For example, I am going down the road and I want to find the nearest restaurants along my current route. Currently, I have to go through about 5 menu choices to get to that function.

Overlay XM/MP3 info on screen - It would be nice to have the XM/MP3 info overlaid on top of the map (as an option) so I could change XM channels without having to fumble with menu choices.

Option to announce state borders and time zones

Next town/city function. It would be really nice to see the name of the next town or city on a route, say within 10 or 20 miles. This could be overlaid on top of the map display.

Waypoints without announcements - The ability to add waypoints to a route that do not invoke announcements or affect the "turn in miles" counter.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Hit the map? (far left button just under the display) to switch the map to one which shows mx or USB input selection. On 2012.

·
Registered
20,946 Posts
the Garmin Nuvi i own does not change time with time zones and i sure would not want it to, do u change the time on your clock every time u cross a time zone ? why ?

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the Garmin Nuvi i own does not change time with time zones and i sure would not want it to, do u change the time on your clock every time u cross a time zone ? why ?
Actually, I do change the time every time I enter a new time zone. For example, if I am riding into a new time zone and have an appointment to meet someone for lunch, I don't want to be an hour late or early.

Nevertheless, it should be an option that can be selected.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts