GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Nav was doing the shut down thing if I went a different way than what the Nav system wanted. So I cleaned the contacts on the bottom card in the Navigation box, then went into the system set up and did a "Reset all Settings" and so far it is working great!!! I even tried to fool it to make it recalculate and shut down, but it kept on working! Hope it stays that way!!! We will see.:lol:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sad news!

Got some sad news for you my friend. That won't help your problem. Mine has been doing the same. I have complained and supposedly they know about it and are working on a fix. My 2012 re-boots its self when ever i don't listen and go a different way. Then you have to stop and start all over again. As long as you listen and stay on course , no problem!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got some sad news for you my friend. That won't help your problem. Mine has been doing the same. I have complained and supposedly they know about it and are working on a fix. My 2012 re-boots its self when ever i don't listen and go a different way. Then you have to stop and start all over again. As long as you listen and stay on course , no problem!
Well after my system reset that I did and cleaning the contacts of the sd card and making sure that the sd card was seated in good I did not go in any direction that the Navigation wanted me to go, if it said to go one way I went the opposite direction trying to make it shut down and reboot but it never did!!! It worked great!!! I just hope it stays that way!!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
mine did this one time and hasnt done this since. hope it doesnt start doing this regularly.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My Navi system crashes only when I deviate from the programed course on the memory SD card. Which I programmed using the Honda mapping website (http://tripplanner.honda.com/).

I believe that if you are off course the GPS should route you to the next waypoint. Regardless of the exact route.

The other software mistake is when reloading the pre-planned trip, you are asked if you wish continue towards the finish destination (yes or no).

The logic is wrong (no means yes). When you choose "yes" the new loaded route takes you back to the start point and then to the finish.

I wish that the Navi would work while rolling, show more detail (street names and minor roads) when zoomed out and take less time to boot up. But, I really like the unit as a whole.

Mark H.
2012 ABS

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well we rode about 200 miles today, and after doing my SD Card Contact Cleaning and System Reset on my 2012 Navigation system, it is still working great!!! I tried my best to confuse it, but it would always recalculate and put me back on track and never shut down or rebooted any!!! Anyone with a 2012 that is having the Nav shutting down needs to do this simple thing and maybe it will work for you like it has for me!!!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Sometimes mine will get in a mode of redrawing the map every time I change the music. Other times it won't.

Anyone notice this?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sometimes mine will get in a mode of redrawing the map every time I change the music. Other times it won't.

Anyone notice this?
Have you cleaned the contacts on the bottom SD Card that's behind the rubber piece and done a system reset? This worked for mine!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts