GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You would just not believe it. Some of you know I posted a new thread a couple of weeks ago about a anoying rattle I had coming from the fairing. Many of the new 2012 owners replyied back,thanks alot. Well you just want believe it. I have carried this bike in twice to a Goldwing Tech., 35 years of experience. He could not find it and said Honda would have to give him the OK to go into the fairing any further. Well I contacted Honda and they pretty much said the same thing.if its not a defect or workmanship we cant gaurantee that it will be covered and you may have to pay for the service. Well very frustrated at this point. So I went to my buddies house today and he thought I was making a big deal out of it. I rode his 05 Goldwing w/Traxxion suspension smooth as butter and quiet as a mouse. He rode my brand new 2012 Goldwing and admitted that it was a very anoying rattle. But you want believe it.........he said its not coming from the fairing but coming from the back of the bike?????????? I said youre crazy.......but he assured me that it was not coming from the fairing. So he told me to ride it and when it rattled turn youre head to the right,sure enough there it was coming from the back of the bike.It was rattling and throwing the sound against the windsheild and bouncing back to my ears,can you believe it? And guess what we found it......it was the hinge that operates the trunk, it is made very loose like all other Goldwings, my buddies included. But his did not rattle while riding........so we put a small piece of cardboard in between the hinge to give it a test......and guess what....... rattle free............gone.........out of here.........no more...........praise Jesus..................end of story.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Wow, glad you guys found the rattle. What dealer did you take it to?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
You keep sayiing "you want believe it" like you want us to believe it. I think that you mean "you won't" as in will not believe it. Sorry for being the english police but it a thing with me.

I know that I have typo's all the time, but I think that we should make a minimal effort.

Jeff..

·
Registered
201 Posts
You keep sayiing "you want believe it" like you want us to believe it. I think that you mean "you won't" as in will not believe it. Sorry for being the english police but it a thing with me.

I know that I have typo's all the time, but I think that we should make a minimal effort.

Jeff..
what the hell is wrong with everybody

glad you found and fixed your rattle

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
guess what....... rattle free............gone.........out of here.........no more...........praise Jesus..................end of story.
What in the name of Saints, the Holy Bible (King James Version), the Book of Mormons.....does Jesus have to do with a rattle on a Goldwing.....instead of worrying about famine, draught, earth quakes, pestilence, cost of gasoline, the economy going to he** in a basket, and who is going to win the World Series.......

Where do you think are his real priorities?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts