GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Insurance agent just confirmed my bike is a total loss because of frame damage and engine bottom caved in.
Heading to shop to retrieve my gadget bar, gps cradle, and MY reflashed ECM, and astech modified heated seat
Have a brand new Alpin tire sitting in den , just delivered about 2 weeks ago.

I have a never opened new set of ROADSMITH comfort controls, Complete new set of Torq Masters loops and Daytonas exhaust pipes still in shipping box.

Plus a stock standard Honda windshield with vent about 1000 miles on it

Plus if I can work it right I hope to have the re-flashed ECM out of the 2012 for sale too

SOLD roadsmith comfort controls cost me 699.00,, 600.00 + shipping

Torq Masters exhaust and loops cost 529. +50 shipping daytonas, 339.00+20 shipping loops 675.00 + shipping or will separate

make reasonable offer on windshield

ecm not sure yet, have to see how much it will cost me to get it from my bike, but it is way too valuable to let it go to the insurance man

Prices listed for new stuff is less than what I will getback if I ship it back since nothing has been opened

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
WOW, what happened to your bike?

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forced off road intentionally at highway speed. Insurance agent told me yesterday in a text that he believes it will be totaled due to engine crush and frame damage

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Damn Rider, that's too bad just when that ECM Re-flash was going so well. That just sucks.

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know,, re flash going so well I had decided that this wing was going to be a long time keeper . That's why I ordered all this new stuff for it,, exhaust has not even got to my door yet

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WOW! Did they catch the driver that forced you off the road?
Not yet:twisted: and I have just now gotten up and about first time

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That really sucks. I hope they find him (or her) and throw the book at him.
Not exactly the "book" I want to throw at him..

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Very sorry to hear about your crash KR. Glad you can tell us about it though. When did this happen?

If the windshield will fit on a 2005 model, I may be interested.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Rider, I really feel bad for you, sounds like you're hanging it up....

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rider, I really feel bad for you, sounds like you're hanging it up....
Sorry ,, Not hanging it up,,, but probably downsizing once I am able to ride again

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very sorry to hear about your crash KR. Glad you can tell us about it though. When did this happen?

I was told it would Sir.

Saturday evening on way to work,,less than a 1/4 mile from my HQ

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you,,, depends a lot on what they offer for a totaled 2012 wing still owe about 12 0n it

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

If you are relatively close,, Might be had for lunch halfway

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I live in Hunterdon County, NJ near Frenchtown. So I take it the windshield will fit my '05? I have a place for lunch in mind but don't know where in Maryland you are.
11.5 miles south of upper Marlboro, md. in Calvert County.

looks like about 190 miles total. If you can verify it fits you can have it . just been sitting in garage since I had a vstream on my wing,,, and it is in a million pieces now

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Hope you come back to a wing your input is valuable. Glad you are up and about

1 - 20 of 67 Posts