GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install an accessory socket in my 2012. Before I pull the left pocket tray out and go fishing, does anybody know if there is a factory harness connector down there on a 2012?
The only thing the owners manual talks about is an accessory terminal back in the fuse box.:confused:

I also learned that the factory service manuals won't be available for at least another month. :shock:

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I have an '06 and there is a plug in terminal under the left pocket. You can buy it from Direct Line ( and others ). I am guessing that the 2012s have the same thing.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Yes it's there , I took mine off my 08 and mounted in my 2012, piece of cake, except now the boots all over are clear no more black ones. Good luck

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yeap, I installed the socket set in the left fairing pocket of my 2012 last weekend and the plug was easily found. Now the fog light socket under the audio console is another story - I still haven't found that one yet!

J.D.

·
Registered
377 Posts
J.D. I found mine on the right side of the inside of the hole for the audio switch panel, once I took it out, mine was easier to find than on my 2008, again its in the clear boot . Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts