GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wish there was a 2012 sub-forum. a place to list accessories for the 12, maint issues, performance...anything pertaining to a 2012 since it appears the 12 is different than all the others.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
i wish there was a 2012 sub-forum. a place to list accessories for the 12, maint issues, performance...anything pertaining to a 2012 since it appears the 12 is different than all the others.
Mechanically they are just about the same, some electrical differences such as wiring harnesses and the like but not enough to merit is's own board, but you cn make one if ya like.....:joke:

·
Registered
8,095 Posts

Getting a little snooty aren't we? :lol::lol:

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this is my first goldwing ever. I don't even have 300 miles on it yet. i can't get a maintenance manual for it yet so i don't even know how to find the battery. i know from wrenching on my other bikes that there a re tricks done to make it easier. but asking a question on here draws a lot of sarcasm and smart remarks. ( my wife says "what do you expect? you bought an old man's bike and the forum is full of grouchy old men" which is probably true as i get more grouchy each day!) i come from sportbikes which is a totally different concept. i'm even having to learn to ride all over again...

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
The battery is in the trunk. Ya mean you cannot see it?? Maybe yours is in that little hole in the bottom of the trunk........:lol:

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
this is my first goldwing ever. I don't even have 300 miles on it yet. i can't get a maintenance manual for it yet so i don't even know how to find the battery. i know from wrenching on my other bikes that there a re tricks done to make it easier. but asking a question on here draws a lot of sarcasm and smart remarks. ( my wife says "what do you expect? you bought an old man's bike and the forum is full of grouchy old men" which is probably true as i get more grouchy each day!) i come from sportbikes which is a totally different concept. i'm even having to learn to ride all over again...
Good One....:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
this is my first goldwing ever. I don't even have 300 miles on it yet. i can't get a maintenance manual for it yet so i don't even know how to find the battery.
Somehow i knew that:lol: don't mean to be a smart azz, but,
Your motorcycle should have come with an owners manual & a small tool kit.
The owners manual will tell you where the battery is located, where the fuses are, how to set the various features, IE suspension, radio, handle bar switches etc...............how to change fluids & other good stuff.
These machines do not require much maintainance. By the time yours needs air filter changed, valves checked/adjusted Fred will have a DVD out & a service manual will be available i'm sure.
happy trails,
the hobo

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
I think it's a good idea because I work on wings and know that a new 2012 owned will need tips that no one with a 01-10 model can give them about certain things.

But there is without a doubt way to many grumpy old farts that will screw up a Free lunch,and will tell any poor unsuspecting 12 owner "Why don't you post this on the 2012 board" just to read themselves bitch about something.:wrong:

BTW: it took years to get a 1500 sub board to help those who still own a 1500 and own a 1800 too.
So Grasshopper you will have to be patient.

And if you want to know if n when the board owner will add one to the list.Then you should ask Lamont who is the board owner.not these cast of caricatures here.

·
Registered
6,053 Posts
Your motorcycle should have come with an owners manual & a small tool kit.

the hobo
I understand that there is no tool kit on the 12's.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i saw there is a little windshield that attaches behind the passenger that supposedly stops all bad air. but the source i was reading did not list it for the 12 model. has anyone installed one on the 12 model? it would be nice to have a list of everything taken off an older bike that bolted straight to the 12 without modification.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Post your question right after lunch time.

The half-dead, semi-senile ones are usually tired by then and will be taking their daily nap. :nojoke:

You can jump in, get a answer and jump out. :joke:

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
Isn't the battery is still in the same place as is about everything else under the plastic?
Ask whatever you need and just ignore the non-help posts.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
I'd prefer a "2005 Pearl Hot Rod Yellow w/Hannigan Europa trailer w/fairly good-looking, balding, most of my own teeth old man rider" only sub-forum. Until it appears, I guess I'll have to stay on this one with the "common people".

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
i saw there is a little windshield that attaches behind the passenger that supposedly stops all bad air. but the source i was reading did not list it for the 12 model. has anyone installed one on the 12 model? it would be nice to have a list of everything taken off an older bike that bolted straight to the 12 without modification.
That would be the KuryAkyn rear air foil. If your passenger is very short, it might help just a little.
I'm 6'2" and wife is 5'8" and it made no difference at all, besides being ugly on the bike.
IMHO, $120 for a piece of plastic/piece of foam tape and 2 molybolts is way beyond reasonable, not to mention the need for drilling 2 holes in the trunk lid!
Also, bike cover would no longer fit.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Battery - left side, roughly below your left butt "cheek". Try pulling some plastic... You'll find it.

Rear foil - tried it. Didn't like it and not sure it worked. (Your cover WILL fit, depending on the cover. Mine would.)

A subforum for '12s is not a bad idea, since there isn't much out there to help an owner... yet.

Surfer - remember that you're on the internet. Not everyone is taking their medication.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
So..... How many people do you think would be on a 2012 forum that owned a 2012?
The OP and the three other guys who bought one.:wrong:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts