GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend that wants to purchase a new Wing...the best price he can find for a Level 3 is $22,497...

the best Price for a Level 3 2013 is $22,697

Only 200 dollars difference...they are as you all know the exact same bike except the 2012 has silver paint on the front fairing.

I told him to go with the 13 model..just for the fact that Kelly Blue Book list the 2013 model for 21,800 and the 2012 for 20,030.

I guess it's a no brainer...any other thoughts I might pass along to him, Thanks

John

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would spend the extra $200.00 and get the 13. I feel he will get more money when, and if, he decides to sell it.

·
Registered
5,921 Posts
Yep, you called it, "no brainer". Don't know that there is anything else to say. I was sure I preferred the two tone of the 12's but saw a blue, (the color I was most sure about), 13 or 14 on the floor the other day and I now think I may have been wrong.

·
Banned
792 Posts
Who cares about $200 and how much more you may get when you sell it? Get the one that you like the looks of the best.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Get the 13 as it is only 1 year old and the 12 would be 2 year old. Back in 1991 my wife purchased a 1990 and when we got it home and thought about it we realized the bike all though new was 1 year old. BUY THE 13.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Who cares about $200 and how much more you may get when you sell it? Get the one that you like the looks of the best.
I agree with this. The price difference is nothing (0.881% of the total price). Look at the VIN sticker... it could be they were made just a month or two apart. :shrug:

Get the one you like better.

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
I would go best color i think 13 had a silver?
Was there really a 13 yr?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
:agree:
Unless he thinks he'll sell it in a few years. If he's planning to hold onto the bike for more than 5 years just get the one he likes the best.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Unless he thinks he'll sell it in a few years. If he's planning to hold onto the bike for more than 5 years just get the one he likes the best.
+1 Don't know about Virginia but here in California the difference in the yearly registration fees (based loosely on resale value) would balance out the $200 within a few years.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I had the same choice but I took the 12 I liked the silver and red much more.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts