GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of trading up from my 2007 to the 2012. However, if I had any inkling they would come out with a completely revamped 2013 sometime next year, I would definitely wait til then. This next trade will likely be my last Wing, as I am getting slightly long in the tooth, if you know what I mean. ;)

I don't believe any here are clairvoyant but what would be your best guesstimate on how much longer Mother Honda will run with the 2012 model ?

Roger

·
Registered
611 Posts
I'd say there won't be a significant redesign until 2016. There will only be color changes until them, with slight improvements along the way.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Although mostly "cosmetic", the changes were significant. I wouldn't be surprised to see Honda run the 2012 "version" of the GL1800 for another couple of years.

If you like the 2012, get one and enjoy it. :yes1:

I am thinking of trading up from my 2007 to the 2012. However, if I had any inkling they would come out with a completely revamped 2013 sometime next year, I would definitely wait til then. This next trade will likely be my last Wing, as I am getting slightly long in the tooth, if you know what I mean. ;)

I don't believe any here are clairvoyant but what would be your best guesstimate on how much longer Mother Honda will run with the 2012 model ?

Roger

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Although mostly "cosmetic", the changes were significant. I wouldn't be surprised to see Honda run the 2012 "version" of the GL1800 for another couple of years.

If you like the 2012, get one and enjoy it. :yes1:
Other than the rear end view of the 2012, I do like it, but I would definitely change the top box lenses to the clear, to better match the lower part. Unlike many, I like the layered look on the fairing and the three color combo, as appose to one solid color.

Thx for the input, by the way.

Roger

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
I heard from a friend of a friend of a sister that gets her hair done by a guy that had his shoes repaired by the brother of a chief engineer at Kawasaki that went to trade school with a guy that was once seen reading a Goldwing book and he states for sure that without a doubt the all new 2017 GL2000 Goldwing will come out in 2015.

Really though, Honda really needs to setup a training school on how to keep a secret. I have never seen anyone that can keep things under wraps like Honda does.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I heard from a friend of a friend of a sister that gets her hair done by a guy that had his shoes repaired by the brother of a chief engineer at Kawasaki that went to trade school with a guy that was once seen reading a Goldwing book and he states for sure that without a doubt the all new 2017 GL2000 Goldwing will come out in 2015.

Really though, Honda really needs to setup a training school on how to keep a secret. I have never seen anyone that can keep things under wraps like Honda does.
I wasn't asking for facts, chum. I believe I made it clear from the onset, that I only wanted what some might speculate. However, thanks for your mature response just the same.

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
I wasn't asking for facts, chum. I believe I made it clear from the onset, that I only wanted what some might speculate. However, thanks for your mature response just the same.
You really need to send your sense of humor in for repair. It is seriously out of calibration and you should get it fixed before you hurt someone.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Two things I'd consider;

Not sure what "long in the tooth" means, but, I'll assume your closer to the end then the beginning. So, my question to you is Why Wait? You can't take it with you, and tomorrow is guaranteed to no man.

Secondly, Japan just had a significant event which will continue to rack up debt for years to come. Add to that the general world economy today and the likelihood of the poor economy continuing for several more years. Plus, Japan just shipped all the GW facilities to Japan, trained all the staff, etc for the GW, means the current bike will be around for color changes only for the duration of your riding career...if your really that long in the tooth.

Buy the bike and ride the hell out of it!!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Two things I'd consider;

Not sure what "long in the tooth" means, but, I'll assume your closer to the end then the beginning. So, my question to you is Why Wait? You can't take it with you, and tomorrow is guaranteed to no man.

Secondly, Japan just had a significant event which will continue to rack up debt for years to come. Add to that the general world economy today and the likelihood of the poor economy continuing for several more years. Plus, Japan just shipped all the GW facilities to Japan, trained all the staff, etc for the GW, means the current bike will be around for color changes only for the duration of your riding career...if your really that long in the tooth.

Buy the bike and ride the hell out of it!!
Appreciate your thoughts, Migolito. You are correct in your assumption of " long in the tooth ". However, not that close to the end, yet. Just getting over the hill, but nowhere near under the hill, lol. :)

I really think I will pull the trigger on the 2012 after all. My wife love's to ride as a passenger and has been saying all along................go for it !

·
lightley seasoned member
3,082 Posts
Chum ? What the hell is that?

·
Banned
1,766 Posts

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
Secondly, Japan just had a significant event which will continue to rack up debt for years to come. Add to that the general world economy today and the likelihood of the poor economy continuing for several more years. Plus, Japan just shipped all the GW facilities to Japan, trained all the staff, etc for the GW, means the current bike will be around for color changes only for the duration of your riding career...!

I disagree that the Gold wing will become a static design. Economic doldrums in Japan will likely result in Honda doing everything possible to stimulate sales.

To stimulate sales, Honda will either deeply discount the existing model or they will introduce rapid design changes in order to stimulate market interest.

The past decade has demonstrated that Gold Wing Buyers are "soft" on price (meaning that they are not very price sensitive) so it would make sense for Honda to keep changing and upgrading the model to fuel sales.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9550 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I have it on good authority that the Goldwing will be discontinued in 2014. Better get your Wing while you can.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts