GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've got an 06, 09 and 12 in the garage, none shake and never have.

·
Registered
9,113 Posts
Yeah, this is news to me. The closest mine ever came to have a "shake" problem was:

1. My girlfriend was doing her workout and thought it would be cute to jump on the bike with a pair of Shake Weights and act silly.

2. I stopped by Wendy's on the way home once and put a Frosty in the trunk. It's wasn't a shake and it wasn't in the front, but it was similar.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I've got an 06, 09 and 12 in the garage, none shake and never have.
Checked 2012 first time the other day ... very minor wobble compared to my previous wings .... my experience has been the wobble will vary with tire wear... sometimes with new tires it goes away and comes back as they wear .... my 2010 was real wobbly new out the door and went away with new tires.

It does not really bother me... I kept forgetting to check my 2012 because it just does not come into play under normal riding since you have to look for it by taking your hands off the bars while slowing down - unless it is really bad ... and I have never had one like that.

·
Registered
257 Posts
My 2012 had the 40-45 wobble-Shake so I had the All Balls Bearing installed and the wobble is completely gone!:thumbup:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Colleague at work with 2012 base model incurred the wobble about 45 mph when cruising w/ hands off the bars. Said it started when he took delivery of his bike. He had the dealer replace bearings, repeating a 2010 fix, which did solve his issue.

I had my bars wobble this morning. I was at low speed, less than 20mph when I removed both hands from the bars. Bike was decelerating. Not normal practice for me, but I had not even turned off my street. That's the only time, but my bike still has less than 1000 miles on it.

·
Registered
863 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
My 2012 bike has 2k miles and no wobbles.

I drove a Demo 2012 and it wobbled tracking in fast,tight turns.

Mark H.

·
Registered
19,057 Posts
ANSWER No they did not. Same ****ty oem suspension

·
Registered
863 Posts
ANSWER No they did not. Same ****ty oem suspension
and you bought one when? you've ridden how many miles on one?

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Mine doesn't wobble. Time will tell. Regardless, I'm not bothered by the wobble because I ride with hands on the bars.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
All this sounds familiar. Why would you expect the '12 not to wobble?
Because it seemed like a pretty common issue that we figure Honda would have tried to fix with their 'suspension improvements/changes'.

I've not experienced the wobble yet, but I don't think I experienced it on my 06 until I had been riding it a while. For me the jury is still out.

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
Greetings!

My 2008 has never wobbled. Ever. Regardless of tire brand.

But then my steering head bearings and my swingarm bushings are torqued correctly, my tires are balanced, and my rims have been checked for runout.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts