GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a repost from a trusted insider;

The depreciation of the dollar as to the Japanese yen and the rising costs of raw materials necessitate that American Honda increase the 2012 model year Gold Wing pricing. The average increase is approximately 3%.

Effective Oct 2011.

·
Registered
267 Posts
when it rain it pours.

·
Registered
155 Posts
This is a repost from a trusted insider;

The depreciation of the dollar as to the Japanese yen and the rising costs of raw materials necessitate that American Honda increase the 2012 model year Gold Wing pricing. The average increase is approximately 3%.

Effective Oct 2011.
Yes thats right i had a email last night from where i am buying my 2012 from in the US and he too said the next order he places for wings will have a 3% increase!

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
All those car and motorcycle companies are just about past the point of functional pricing.

They are going to need to hire a maid to dust them off a couple times a year as they will sit in the showroom for a long time.

Might need to rotate the tires too, they will have flat spots on the bottom.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Compare the price increases of the Goldwing to increases on Japanese cars and other motorcycles over the past five years and you'll find that for a vehicle that has had it's costs completely amortized for probably 7 years now, we are basically getting screwed.

Honda has had their head squarely up their ass on pricing. Just look at the pricing on the ST1300 and the VFR1200F compared to most of their competitors. Hell, the Goldwing is already more than a comparable BMW 1600.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts

·
Banned
11,396 Posts

Raising prices are a part of life"Get over it".

No one is holding a gun to your head to buy a Honda or any other product out there.
I buy what I want because I want it.Cost increases are irrelevant, yes I do look for the lowest price like everyone else.It's the product I am buying that I want that matters the most.

Saying I won't buy something because they raise the cost because of the economy is up to you and what you can afford at the time.
Every business has to do things to stay in the black.Honda is no different!

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
You already own the best grand touring bike in the world. Don't worry about the price of a new one - it doesn't affect you.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts

No one is holding a gun to your head to buy a Honda or any other product out there.
I buy what I want because I want it.Cost increases are irrelevant, yes I do look for the lowest price like everyone else.It's the product I am buying that I want that matters the most.

Saying I won't buy something because they raise the cost because of the economy is up to you and what you can afford at the time.
I think the point you are missing is that most products are not going up. I sell many millions of dollars of products that I have not had a price increase on in over three years. These are products manufactured all over the world.

I generally would agree with your comments btw, but like I said in my earlier post - look at what Honda has done in the past three years in price increases already. It's not whining, it's pointing out Honda's arrogant attitude. And yes, some of us will vote with our wallet.

BTW, a $5 "whining" fee is a little high, don't you think?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Price increase

Goldwing pricing and other large touring bikes are so over priced it laughable. You can buy a large number of auto's at a lower price. A few bikes such as the connie 14 are reasonable. The consumer is too lose with there $. If sale dropped Honda would reduce the prices by 30% and would still make a profit.

ED
AMA
IBA
GWRRA
HIGHLANDERS M/C
POLARBEAR GRANDTOUR

·
Registered
1,131 Posts

Rocky,
Tell him how you really feel. You have such an eloquent way of expressing yourself.:bow: :lol: ;)

·
Registered
820 Posts
A couple of months ago, I bought a SigSauer .380 semi auto pistol and paid as much for it as I did my .45 Springfield SS Champion vented barrel. Side by side, the Sig looks like a toy. A few of my friends laughed a little at the $800 price tag for such a little gun.

Except for the amount of metal used in the production, nothing else is different; same parts, only smaller. And the same time to assemble, same price to tool the manufactoring, and the same pay to the workers.

How does that apply to the wing? Just because it's smaller than a car means nothing. My wing cost a lot more than my wife's Nissan Rogue. But this wing is the finest luxo-tourer in the world, bar none; even the BMW wannabe. We're riding the Rolls Royce of motorcycles and basically what Rocky said, if we want the new one, we gotta pay for it.

I'll get rid of the picture in about a week.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Someone has to pay the cost of moving the factory back to the motherland and it will be the consumers for sure. Everything in cost is passed to the consumer.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Price increase.

The price of a gallon of gas is 10+ times what it cost when I was a kid. I can't justify it but if I want to go from point A to point B without walking, I have to shell out. I will vote with my wallet every chance I get but in the long run I still want to ride. I like my 2010 and it gets better gas mileage than either of my cars.

·
Banned
226 Posts
A couple of months ago, I bought a SigSauer .380 semi auto pistol and paid as much for it as I did my .45 Springfield SS Champion vented barrel. Side by side, the Sig looks like a toy. A few of my friends laughed a little at the $800 price tag for such a little gun.

Except for the amount of metal used in the production, nothing else is different; same parts, only smaller. And the same time to assemble, same price to tool the manufactoring, and the same pay to the workers.

How does that apply to the wing? Just because it's smaller than a car means nothing. My wing cost a lot more than my wife's Nissan Rogue. But this wing is the finest luxo-tourer in the world, bar none; even the BMW wannabe. We're riding the Rolls Royce of motorcycles and basically what Rocky said, if we want the new one, we gotta pay for it.

I'll get rid of the picture in about a week.
With a seat cover so nice, Cavemen will want to ride em too.

·
Registered
820 Posts
What's with some of you and your criticisms? I have made motorcycle trips from Mexico to Canada and not counting the 3 left coast states, all points from there to the east coast. On these rides, I've seen hundreds of riders using sheepskin throw covers. And, you and I don't know each other. So tell me, butt head, just what is your problem?

·
Banned
226 Posts
1 - 20 of 45 Posts