GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
New to this forum; really impressed .:thumbup:
Does anyone know if the large single red light located on the ugly black panel on the 2012 Wing, is a tail light only, or is supposed to also be a stop light?
Second question:
Being a 1st time Wing owner, I can only compare the shifting to my previous ride; a '98 Valkyrie. It seems to me that the Valk. shifted a lot smoother and quieter than the wing. I thought maybe the fairing on the wing might amplify the sound more than the Valk.Your thoughts?
Thanks ,
Dave [DDCD]

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Hi Guys,
New to this forum; really impressed .:thumbup:
Does anyone know if the large single red light located on the ugly black panel on the 2012 Wing, is a tail light only, or is supposed to also be a stop light?
Second question:
Being a 1st time Wing owner, I can only compare the shifting to my previous ride; a '98 Valkyrie. It seems to me that the Valk. shifted a lot smoother and quieter than the wing. I thought maybe the fairing on the wing might amplify the sound more than the Valk.Your thoughts?
Thanks ,
Dave [DDCD]
The lower middle light is only a running light. On the trunk only the inner lights are a running light. All 4 lights on the trunk are brake lights. I'm sure EC will be coming out with plug-and-play kits to change it if you want.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Haven't noticed any ugly black panel on my Wing, but the center light is a tail light only.:lol:
I did think the Wing was a bit clunky shifting when new, but after 4500 miles it seems to have quieted down. :shrug:

·
Registered
863 Posts
MINE shifts quietly most of the time. it's a technique i think...rev to 3500 or so and 'speed' shift. haven't seen anything ugly on tthe back of mine...may go bar hoppin' :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
My 2012 tranny is also clunky. I was running 10-40 oil but switched to 20-50. It made it a lot less clunky.... Will go back to the thinner stuff when it cools off. I have 3000+ miles, and hope it gets better with some time..

Smitty

·
Registered
257 Posts
I don't have an ugly black piece on my 2012 either! But I had my middle light wired to be a running light and a brake light! The correct bulb is already there!!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I don't have an ugly black piece on my 2012 either! But I had my middle light wired to be a running light and a brake light! The correct bulb is already there!!!
:agree::thumbup:

Not a hard mod and makes for a lot more visibility.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts