GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I picked up my 2012 Gold Wing at Southern Honda in Chattanooga, TN on 7-15-11 they put on a Utopia back rest, but the Utopia web site says that they don't ship until August. So do you thing Southern Honda took off my new 2012 seat and replaced it with a 2010 just to get the Utopia back rest on to sell it??? If they did, I want my 2012 seat back and wait for the correct Utopia back rest!!! Opinions please!!!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Nope, the Utopia backrest fits perfectly on the 2012.

Don't know what Utopia is talking about.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I was just wondering because Utopia's web site says shipping in August unless I just misread?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thanks! I was just wondering because Utopia's web site says shipping in August unless I just misread?
They have a new backrest coming in August for the 2012. I don't know what will be different though. Some are suggesting maybe a dimpled leather ?

All I know is the backrest they sell right now works just fine.

·
Registered
479 Posts
When I picked up my 2012 Gold Wing at Southern Honda in Chattanooga, TN on 7-15-11 they put on a Utopia back rest, but the Utopia web site says that they don't ship until August. So do you thing Southern Honda took off my new 2012 seat and replaced it with a 2010 just to get the Utopia back rest on to sell it??? If they did, I want my 2012 seat back and wait for the correct Utopia back rest!!! Opinions please!!!!
If your seat & passanger back rest have a dimpled, almost perforated appearance then you have the 2012 seat, besides I belive it has been determined that seats are not interchangeable with earlier GW's

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I think it will be made out of a different material to match the 2012...anyway that was the answer I got when I asked the question. The seats are not the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts