GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an official Honda shop manual yet for the 2012 Wing?

·
Vendor
17,419 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
I talked with a lady at Helm last week, she told me that it would be at least 30 days before the 2012 service manual is available.
It is part # 61MCA60 and will be $79.95. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
The 2012/2013 Honda Factory Service Manual is available right now. In fact I have one. I got mine from Wingstuff! Their Part Number is HO61MCA61 $79.95 which includes both the Main Manual and the Electrical Manual. The Manuals come as 2012, with a set of revised pages to make them 2012/13 Manuals. I've attached pictures of the covers of the manuals I have. All together it's a seven ring binder that is about four inches thick!

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
The 2012/2013 Honda Factory Service Manual is available right now. In fact I have one. I got mine from Wingstuff! Their Part Number is HO61MCA61 $79.95 which includes both the Main Manual and the Electrical Manual. The Manuals come as 2012, with a set of revised pages to make them 2012/13 Manuals. I've attached pictures of the covers of the manuals I have. All together it's a seven ring binder that is about four inches thick!
I also have one for my 2012. Ordered mine directly from Helm shortly after I brought my bike home.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,222 Posts
Yep, I have the paper copy as well thanks to the gracious folks of this board, but he wants a free PDF version that doesn't exist, at least from Honda. :thumbup:

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
I bought one a few months ago from WingStuff.com. Tried to order several times from DLP, but could not find it on their website.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I also bought one, last year. The problem I see is, how do you get the updates?
The update probably has a Honda Part Number. If nothing else, calling Honda Customer Service should be able to provide you with this.
Alternatively, if the folks at Wingstuff have a complete 2012/13 in stock, (or in transit to a buyer) they might be able/willing to look at the cellophane wrapping on the update (sorry I tossed mine, the cellophane that is) as there is probably a sticker with the Honda P/N on it.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,222 Posts
I just looked at the cellophane from mine and there's nothing on it. I've looked all through my stuff and can't find a part number for just the update. The update is just 3 pages, front and back. I have the "old" ones. Give me a minute or 2 and I'll see what the changes are.

OK, the updates that came with mine are actually a revision that was done in July 2011 2 of them are in the rear drive teardown and rebuild section and pertain to a tool change. They changed the part number and spec for the pinion bearing puller tool. It's 2 pages because the tool is listed on one page and then it's mentioned again in the procedure. The 3rd page pertains to the TPMS. They left out a paragraph about putting already activated sensors into test mode if you change the other sensor.

There's no real change to make it a 2013 manual vs a 2012 manual, that means there were no changes to the bike that warrant a new manual for the 13s. So if you have a 2012 manual, you are good to go for the 13s. If you have a 2012 and would like to know the specific changes on these 3 pages, send me a PM. :thumbup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts