GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The side stand from previous production years requires a shorter spring than the '12. I had the large, chrome stand with a foot like a duck on the '04 and kept it to use on the '12. But the hook on the '12 is further down the shaft and requires a longer spring, too long for the previous year's stands. Thought I'd pass this along in case anyone was considering ordering an aftermarket stand.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had a chrome kickstand on my 06 and transfered it to my 2012 with no problems. It is a stretch on the spring but didn't think it was much more than on the 06.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a chrome kickstand on my 06 and transfered it to my 2012 with no problems. It is a stretch on the spring but didn't think it was much more than on the 06.
Well, the '12 spring is loose on my duck foot side stand. It worked fine on my '04, so I've ordered an 04 spring. The OEM part # is the same for all years of the previous production years, but I can't find a number for '12 spring. Does anyone here have access to that part number?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Well, the '12 spring is loose on my duck foot side stand. It worked fine on my '04, so I've ordered an 04 spring. The OEM part # is the same for all years of the previous production years, but I can't find a number for '12 spring. Does anyone here have access to that part number?
50540-MAT-000, according to the new fische, same as the other years, (looked at 12, 10, and 05)

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, JC. Where did you find the '12 fische that showed the spring part number?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts