GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the 2012 & prior model difference in suspension. The 2012 is a nice looking machine and there's some really good promotional financing from honda.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Yes I can--I checked every part number from 01-10 to the 2012 part numbers.

The 2012 has all new part numbers (None are superseded).Even the triple trees have new part numbers.

Only one part number is still the same and that is the right leg cartridge.It's part number was supreseded in 08.

Everything else is all new!

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Yes I can--I checked every part number from 01-10 to the 2012 part numbers.

The 2012 has all new part numbers (None are superseded).Even the triple trees have new part numbers.

Only one part number is still the same and that is the right leg cartridge.It's part number was supreseded in 08.

Everything else is all new!
So what's the difference?

·
Registered
3,698 Posts

·
Registered
8,328 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
I rode a 2012 right after rebuilding my front end on my 03 which in used aftermarket springs and fork brace. Frankly my old 03 rode better than the new 12. JMO but that's how I see it from the seat of my pants.

·
Registered
19,385 Posts
see first answer
still the same

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
We need someone with a '12 to take it over to Traxxion and let them have a look, right before they make it better.:yes1:

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
We need someone with a '12 to take it over to Traxxion and let them have a look, right before they make it better.:yes1:

ROTFLMAO Paul.Why would someone want to screw up a new bike like that.:eek:4: :wrong:

Especially a bike with redesigned suspension.

BTW:
ALL the aftermarket suspension company's are going to have to build a new set up for the 12's.Because theirs a new animal in town that they'll have to try and tame.LOL

The above guys have no idea what they are talking about and it shows!:thumbup:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I decided to get the full monty on the wing....I ordered full race tech yesterday including the adjustable shock. The wing will have it installed next weekend. I'll report back.

Love,

UNO.

·
Registered
17,091 Posts
Rocky;

I "think" Traxxion will be able to use their AK20s up front and even teh fork caps they have and any changes in the Honda forks would be accomodated by modifying CNC inputs or how the tube bottoms are modified to bypass the AD. Anyway, it won't be long before we hear.

Then again, the current GL1800 series is getting long in the tooth and if Honda is gonna change the design radically soon, I would hate to be an aftermarketer having to do all that R&D again.

Another thought, I kinda like the way the GL18 series is now sort of the "Venerable GL1800". If they keep making it, they will eventually almost perfect it!

prs

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Rocky;

I "think" Traxxion will be able to use their AK20s up front and even teh fork caps they have and any changes in the Honda forks would be accomodated by modifying CNC inputs or how the tube bottoms are modified to bypass the AD. Anyway, it won't be long before we hear.

Then again, the current GL1800 series is getting long in the tooth and if Honda is gonna change the design radically soon, I would hate to be an aftermarketer having to do all that R&D again.

Another thought, I kinda like the way the GL18 series is now sort of the "Venerable GL1800". If they keep making it, they will eventually almost perfect it!

prs
prs.Remember the 1500 had a 13 year production run.the 18 still has 2 more years to go before a new wing is introduced if history repeats itself?..lol

I also know that Honda put a ton of Valk parts in the engine in 1997 in the 1500 and gave it new lights in 98.I never cared for them white faced gauges in 99. and then chrome v-covers went on the 2000.

So are we seeing a pattern with these changes in the 1800 with 2012?? who knows-But time will tell..LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts