GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the 2012 does not come with a tool kit except in canada models. i most likely would never use one on the road anyway but i would like to put one together...i have a few tools laying about to make one up. for those of youo who work on your bike, got any suggestions? i know there may be a socket required but i also know i won't need an entire set...same with allen's. thanks.

·
Registered
934 Posts
The major on-road repair I've done has been tires. I would consider - allens for the seat(removal) and fender bolts - wrenches for the front axle, pinch bolts, rear lug nuts - sm. adjustable, pliers, screwdriver, electrical tape, zip ties. Anything deeper into the bike I'd rather handle at home w/a full set of tools.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Hadn't thought about a tool kit, as the newness of the bike hasn't worn off yet.

Gives me a excuse to run to Harbor Freight this weekend.

I just will have to convince the wife that the handfull of tools actually cost me $200.

($20 for the tools, $180 for other miscellaneous stuff I need and can't live without). :p

·
Registered
118 Posts
tool kit

i carry one size fits all screw driver, small channel locks , pliers and a small craftsmen 19 piece 3/8 metric socket set in a small case and allens, that should due ya, oh yeah dont forget the duck tape,,,:lol:

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
i carry one size fits all screw driver, small channel locks , pliers and a small craftsmen 19 piece 3/8 metric socket set in a small case and allens, that should due ya, oh yeah dont forget the duck tape,,,:lol:
Add tie-wraps and a couple spare bulbs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts