GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my owners manual referred me to my warranty manual for information. the problem is, i did not get one! the honda website does not mention the warranty. but bikerholic did post the honda release article back in aug'11, stating the 2012 would have a 3 year unlimited mileage warranty. I hope this is true...wonder if this warranty book tells anythingg else i should know?

·
Registered
155 Posts
my owners manual referred me to my warranty manual for information. the problem is, i did not get one! the honda website does not mention the warranty. but bikerholic did post the honda release article back in aug'11, stating the 2012 would have a 3 year unlimited mileage warranty. I hope this is true...wonder if this warranty book tells anythingg else i should know?

When our new 2012 wing arrives here in the UK from the US, we have no warranty ! because its been sold out of us states.. Honda UK will not recognise it as a Goldwing:( so not only do we Brits have to pay $40,000 USD to get one we get stuffed re warranty too! :shrug:

·
Canuck
2,844 Posts
When our new 2012 wing arrives here in the UK from the US, we have no warranty ! because its been sold out of us states.. Honda UK will not recognise it as a Goldwing:( so not only do we Brits have to pay $40,000 USD to get one we get stuffed re warranty too! :shrug:
Same situation here if a Gold Wing is purchased in the US by anybody living in Canada. Because Honda Canada does not get any revenue from the sale of a Gold Wing purchased in the US (and therefore no $$$ to go to the warranty bank account), Honda Canada will not honour the warranty. However, since 90% of our population lives within 100 miles of the border, this does not pose as big a problem for us as it does for our friends in the UK.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yeah but I hear you folks up North get a toolkit with your purchase when bought in Canada! :cool:

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
You can and should (in my opinion) buy a 4yr extended warranty before the 3yrs expire if you plan on keeping the bike for a while.It also covers the same things as the 3yr warranty.
Covers the same things, except the radio/audio equipment is not covered
under the extended warranty. At least that is what the book says on my

·
lightley seasoned member
3,081 Posts
2001 never came with a warranty book either...some things never change with Honda...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts