GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a rear half of a front fender off a 2012 Goldwing. non abs brakes, white in color but would buy any color and have painted to match. thanks david

·
Registered
127 Posts
Fender

looking for a rear half of a front fender off a 2012 Goldwing. non abs brakes, white in color but would buy any color and have painted to match. thanks david

Good luck David, I've been looking for a while, even ordered two from Honda, nither would fit my non air bag non abs 2012. Mother Hondas fish shows two fenders for the 2012 ordered one(wrong fender0 ordered the other (wrong fender) I have been in the process of repairing mine two attempts so far but I am very positive on the second repair. So far it seems to be stronger than OEM.

DOC

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Honda replaced mine under warranty. I cracked at the mounting tabs. They said warranty was only good for 30 days for painted parts. Did it as a good will gesture!
Mine is also a 2012 Pearl White, non-abs. Part number: 61103-MCA-000YL. I still have the part number tag.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just got my new fender in the mail today. Mine was broken at the tabs too, on the shifter side of the bike. I wonder how many others did this on the 2012.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I just got my new fender in the mail today. Mine was broken at the tabs too, on the shifter side of the bike. I wonder how many others did this on the 2012.
That was the same side that the tabs cracked on mine. Either cracked when manufactured or possibly when I had the master cylinder recall done. I'm betting it happened at the factory. Honda didn't really give me any trouble about covering under warranty even though it was a year old. maybe they know they had a problem.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Broken rear part of front fender

I had the following break.
I had the local Honda dealer check with Honda and Honda said that they do not break very often???
Larry

·
Registered
104 Posts
It don't fit, crrrraaaapppp

:roll:Soooo, the front end is disassembled in the garage, and the new fender rubs the tire, not very happy right now :evil: anyone know what the difference between a 2012 gl1800 7A and a 2012 gl1800 8A ? Russ

·
Registered
827 Posts
Came back from Daytona found the following. Right side bottom tab intact, top 3 split, left side top split, bottom 3 broke off. Got out JB weld and reinstalled. So far all are holding. Going to dealer to have new one installed tomorrow. I had a fender extension with the 2 long brackets. Was wondering if this had thing to do with fender breaking.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Fender extension

I installed a fender extension on my 05, 07, 09, no problems. :shrug:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts