GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I removed the upper inner panel on the trunk lid, there was a wire bundle with 3 open plugs; red, white, and blue. I'm 'assuming' 2 of them are for the CB and maybe a CD player. If that's correct, what's the 3d one for?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
One is for the spoiler and one is for the acc trunk light. That still leaves one more. No cb or cd hookups in upper trunk lid.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't check them for power, I was installing a trunk rack. I did't know the wing had factory hook ups for accessories. What do you mean by accessory trunk light? A vanity light in the trunk?

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
I didn't check them for power, I was installing a trunk rack. I did't know the wing had factory hook ups for accessories. What do you mean by accessory trunk light? A vanity light in the trunk?
Yes that what the red one is for.The white is for spoiler.

The bule one is for a DQ warning buzzer.it alerts you when you are within 1000ft of a DQ.I think you neeed to be a RA member to get the device that it connects though. :shrug:

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes that what the red one is for.The white is for spoiler.

The bule one is for a DQ warning buzzer.it alerts you when you are within 1000ft of a DQ.I think you neeed to be a RA member to get the device that it connects though. :shrug:
Does that install with a crush washer?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
One must be for power when key is set to "on" or "acc".

I'm guessing.

I had a spoiler light flasher put on my 2012 from my 07.

The mechanic asked it was also a running light. (normally on)

Yes.

He made it work.

You would need both a power "on" wire and a brake "on" wire for the spoiler.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts