GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new 2012 has a little of the 40-45 mph wobble! It's not as bad as my '08 was! I hope a good fork brace will help, if not I will have the all Ball Bearings put in!!! Anyone else with a 2012 having any wobble issues at those speeds?

·
Registered
115 Posts
800mi on mine, no wobbles noted here. Never had any on my 15 that couldn't be explained.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
My new 2012 has a little of the 40-45 mph wobble! It's not as bad as my '08 was! I hope a good fork brace will help, if not I will have the all Ball Bearings put in!!! Anyone else with a 2012 having any wobble issues at those speeds?
Totally un-frigging-believable! Sorry to hear about that.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
You can bind up the stock bearings just like the all balls:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Can't believe that Honda did not fix this problem yet, Sorry to hear about the Wobble. :wrong:

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Over tightening the stock bearings don't do anything useful. I'm glad I don't have any wobble on my 08.

·
Registered
98 Posts
What don"t believe.Each year my dealer has one for meand he gives me a good deal. He doesnt even look at my old one. Its at verns in antigo wi. AND i Have a good wife.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Were your hands on the handlebars?
Hands on handle bars, yes! and at between 40 to 45 you can feel the wobble just like my 2008 had. After I had All Ball Bearing and a fork brace put on the '08 the wobble was gone! Looks like i will have to do it again with my NEW 2012!!! Come on Honda, FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
479 Posts
3800mi here, no woble what so ever, even without hands on the grips.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Check the date on your tires. They probably had some let over 2010 tires and stuck them on your 2012.

After all, it's a 2010 with different tupperware,. Why wouldn't it wobble.

·
Registered
7,212 Posts

I didn't have the decel wobble until around 9000 miles with my 03. I installed the All Balls steering bearings and did suspension upgrades and the decel wobble was cured 6 years ago. All Balls torqued to 20 ftlbs and I have no decel wobble.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Only after my third front tire on my 03', did an ever so slight "hands off wobble" occur at 37 mph coasting. Put one finger on grip and it stops.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts