GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 GL1800 Audio/Comfort. I am interested in listening to the bike's stereo in a headset and having intercom to talk to a passenger. I don't really care about answering my phone on the bike as it's a good excuse to get away from the phone.

What is the simplest way to accomplish this I have a Garmin Nuvi 40 GPS that i use for directions...I'm fine with it as is.

Thanks for laying some knowledge on me.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
If I understand your question correctly get two headsets for the helmets and plug them in. On the Wing when you talk on the intercom the music mutes and when you quit talking the music comes back on. Well that's the way it's supposed to work. My '09 the intercom mute doesn't work correctly and I haven't been able to figure out how to get it to work. I'm pretty sure there is a way to install the Garmin also but my bike is a NAVI and I know nothing about the AUX

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
audio

Try to use a friends helmets to see how they work for you. 2 most popular brands are J & M and Edsets. I prefer Edsets, particularly if you wear eye glasses or sun glasses while riding. The speakers are thinner on the edsets so they don't pinch against your ears. Great sound from them also. Get your book out to learn about the intercom and mute settings. Separate volume controls for each one. A large piece of shrink tubing around the mike ( heat with hair dryer to shrink ) will help a lot with picking up wind noise.

·
Registered
19,990 Posts
I have a 2013 GL1800 Audio/Comfort. I am interested in listening to the bike's stereo in a headset and having intercom to talk to a passenger. I don't really care about answering my phone on the bike as it's a good excuse to get away from the phone.

What is the simplest way to accomplish this I have a Garmin Nuvi 40 GPS that i use for directions...I'm fine with it as is.

Thanks for laying some knowledge on me.
I have to assume that you have not yet purchased headsets for your bike. The following is just to clarify some of what has already been said.

The functionality that you are looking for is already built into the bike's audio system. All audio, except for the Intercom, can be played through the external speakers or the headsets.

You can even switch your GPS audio to headset as well, and still use the Intercom at the same time. The external speakers are great for music, but at least for me, it is much easier to hear GPS directions through the headsets than by using the external speakers. I listen to my CB only through headsets too, for the same reason.

Quality headsets are expensive. Don't cheap out on them. Just take a deep breath and get it over with.:lol:

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
The I-com button keeps both mikes open to hold a conversation. It also picks up the air noise from both mikes. Once your through talking push the I-com button to turn off and your music will sound better without any interference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts