GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 w/o airbag. I have installed the OEM LED fog lights and installed the inserts from BikeMP3. I don't care for the gap and mis-alignment of the inserts with the lights. I was thinking of replacing the cowling with an older model with the round holes so it matches the round lights. What year of cowling do I need to get that has the round holes for the fog lamps?

Thanks,

·
Registered
61 Posts
My 2010 has the round holes...I have been looking at the chrome replacement on wing stuff. If I pull the trigger on it I would be glad to give you the stock one.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I put a 2006 cowl on my 2013. It fits perfectly. Can't imagine what Honda was thinking when they put the trapezoid shaped holes in the cowls in 2012.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
I put a 2006 cowl on my 2013. It fits perfectly. Can't imagine what Honda was thinking when they put the trapezoid shaped holes in the cowls in 2012.
I can't imagine what they were thinking on any part of the 2012 and up bikes.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Uh Oh... Looks like there's gonna be a run on the older cowls...

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
How does the color match up when mounting the older style to the 2012+ bikes?
Can't tell the difference on mine between the old cowl and the existing silver color bodywork.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I prefer the trapezoid shape and refuse to install the older lower cowl. There are foglight options available to fit the new cowl.
There is? You mean a light that involves a filler piece? What I don't understand is this style cowl has been out for 3 years now and no one is making a light designed to fit the existing hole without a filler. I don't care if the hole is round or has 50 different curves and sides someone should make a light to fit the hole exactly with no filler. I'm sure they would sell a lot of them if they did.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
I seriously doubt there is much of a market for trapezoid lights hence the need for filler. I would not expect them showing up anytime soon. Electrical connection provides the best fit because of their design.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts