GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Kuryakyn rear fender tip brake and running light. It didn't last very long. Most of the LED's are out. I don't want to install the same one. I've been searching and haven't found anything any better. Has anyone had better results with another brand? Thanks, Arty

·
IronMan
17,639 Posts
Check out abrahms on line not sure if what your looking for but make good brake lite options compare to whelin

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been doing a ton of reading on LED replacement for the stock running/brake light bulbs. I could use some advice on which bulb I should purchase. Thanks again, Arty

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So after a ton of reading I ordered CM 1058 LED Strobe brake light bulbs from CycleMax. I will let you know the results when they arrive. Thanks again, Arty

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New LED Strobe light bulbs arrived today. Super easy 5 minute install. These bulbs are awesome! They flash super fast five times then on steady. We'll see how long they last. Thanks, Arty

·
Registered
711 Posts
I have the Kuryakyn rear fender tip brake and running light. It didn't last very long. Most of the LED's are out. I don't want to install the same one. I've been searching and haven't found anything any better. Has anyone had better results with another brand? Thanks, Arty
Aw shucks! I was hoping this thread was about that bike and sidecar, for sale with pictures. I'd have liked to see that.:frown2:

Reactions: Big Tom

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So my review CM 1058 LED strobe brake light wedge bulbs. They don't wedge into the socket very tight at all. They actually fall out of the socket and bounce around in the tail light assembly. I used a bead of silicone to hold them in place. They do work great! I installed the left glove box power socket today. A huge shout out to the guy who said order the regular Goldwing one, not the way more expensive one for the F6B. It's the same part at 1/3 the price. Also installed the Ram mount X grip to hold my cell phone. With tether it grabs my phone so tight.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
The tether should stretch a little bit over time and it will be secure, but won't have a death grip on your phone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts