GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I am having trouble installing the 2013 Garmin CF card into my 2009 GL 1800 Canadian GPS. I followed instructions provided and the card only briefing says it is updating then it stops. I did a search an read about doing a hard reset. I cannot locate a reset button. I removed the two cables running to the GPS hoping it would lose I memory but it continues to only see the original firmware. I reinstalled the CF card that came with the bike (2008) and used that.

I have attempted to contact my local dealer but they are swamped this time of year and they would have to call the tech line for assistance themselves. Does anyone have ideas?

P.S. Why does the forum only see every other letter I type? You have to go sooo slowly to ensure all letters are caught? I am using Windows 7 on my laptop

·
Registered
256 Posts
The reset button is on the back side of the unit. You have to take it off the trunk and if I'm not mistaken take the cover off. The problem with the typing is easily fixed by going to tools and clicking on the compatibility view and adding GL1800riders.com to it. I had that same problem.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your idea. Are you saying that I did not go far enough and I should remove the plastic cover to find the reset button inside the GPS unit itself?

Your idea of compatibility view worked for me as well, thank- you my frustration is over!

The reset button is on the back side of the unit. You have to take it off the trunk and if I'm not mistaken take the cover off. The problem with the typing is easily fixed by going to tools and clicking on the compatibility view and adding GL1800riders.com to it. I had that same problem.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Caution!!! Be very careful that you do not apply too much pressure to the reset switch. I, like several others have broken the reset switch off the circuit board located inside the Black Box. Very delicate switch that is the size of a Black Fly.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all of the support guys I will read the attached posting. When I did finally make it to the Honda dealer he called the Honda tech line. They told him the update I bought was for a USA GPS update, the Canadian update is different (OF COURSE IT IS..LOL) and I have to buy the Honda specific update from Honda to fix myself up. I am hoping this procedure works. Thanks again for sharing the info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts