GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Yuasa still the best replacement battery for gl1800? Found model YTX20HL (310 CCA) on Ebay - your thoughts?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
The recommended and original battery in the GL1800 is a gyz20L, which is supposedly an upgrade and the newer battery vs the ytx20hL, but nothing wrong at all with the ytx series as long as you make sure it is definately a real Yuasa. I'm sure some other brands are fine, but cheap made in China "exact replacement" is generally not a wise purchase.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Reactions: goodlift and CAWing

·
Registered
881 Posts
Tisunac
You happy now ? Although I did forgot that the gyz20L was the upgrade.
Now am I going to have to go down there and help you with this or are you coming up here or are you going to do it yourself ?
Just be careful with that airbag.

·
Vendor
17,803 Posts
Stock Honda battery only. alot of look alikes out there.
Like Wild Turkey said. Not only the best, and lots of look-a-likes out there !!! Most are not able to spot potential issues until they have an issue.

·
Registered
8,057 Posts
I always buy the one where the battery acid is supplied with the battery for me to add and do the initialization myself. I'm more comfortable with me doing it and know its done correctly. ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Stock Honda battery only. alot of look alikes out there.
I bought a Yuasa battery from my local Honda dealer for my 2005 GL1800. Nice to see them install the acid before my eyes. Certainly could not be fresher. Not sure how fresh the eBay batteries would be.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts