GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They announced tonight during the closing ceremony that the 2013 wing Ding will once again be held in Greenville.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Thanks.
Surprised they announced 2013 before really selling the 2012 event.
I have done Fort Wayne as well as Greenville in the past......any excuse for a ride.
Again, thanks.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
What they should have announced is that they will never have it in Knoxville again. It is hard to believe that they had such a lousy setup. I will not go back.

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
They announced tonight during the closing ceremony that the 2013 wing Ding will once again be held in Greenville.

What the hell . . . :22yikes: That just sucks! When are they coming out West again? We had Billings, MT in 2007 and it's been back East ever since! Geeesh! Incredible riding out here and some great venues to choose from! SC again?? Who makes these decisions, anyways . . . ? :shrug:

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Same old stuff! Why have it back East every year?
Because the guys from back seat won't ride across the desert in July to the west coast. They had it in Albuquerque one year and it was probably the lowest attendance of all wingdings

·
Registered
92 Posts
Knoxville was a decent area to ride in, but the building they held it in left something to be desired. Especially the closing ceremonies with not enough room for the few that stayed for it.

And PLEASE get SOMEONE with public speaking ability to do the closing ceremony!!!!! Talking to individuals in the front row doesn't work over a microphone that only picks up one side of the conversation.

And not planning around Honda of America's schedule was bush league.

Sad. And perfectly fixable.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
It's easy to understand why they are coming back to Greenville. Fred from Savannah is on the board of directors for the GWRRA he swings a lot of weight.

·
Registered
333 Posts
gtreenville

well i can says honda hoot knoxville in 08 was a waste of our time so wing ding event would have to be the same.it is a bad place to have a bike event. the only good thing about knoxville this past summer was the highway was done.

·
Registered
409 Posts
What the hell . . . :22yikes: That just sucks! When are they coming out West again? We had Billings, MT in 2007 and it's been back East ever since! Geeesh! Incredible riding out here and some great venues to choose from! SC again?? Who makes these decisions, anyways . . . ? :shrug:
:agree: it a 2792 mile ride for me next year, one way. Would like to see them land it "somewhat" in middle America, but....... gotta remember what entity I'm talking about..... Oklahoma was fun!

·
Banned
2,341 Posts
It's easy to understand why they are coming back to Greenville. Fred from Savannah is on the board of directors for the GWRRA he swings a lot of weight.
Damn Snoopy.................I'll get hate mail now.

Tell a Phone
Tell a Graph
Tell a Lowell

:tongue:

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
:lol::lol::bow:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts