GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at possibly purchasing a base model and was wondering who has gotten the best deal.

Those that bought a 2013 are free to chime in.

I've found one dealer that is quoting $20,300 plus $390 destination and no other charges. What do you think?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's where I got the quote in my original message. Seems like a decent price, but it never hurts to see how others have done.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Since the dealer has the bike there already I would not pay any destination charges on it, that to me is their way of making more money on you, I've bought several new bikes in the passed and I have never paid any destination charges.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I was quoted $20,499 + tax, which is just a tad over dealer cost. I was quoted the same deal for the ABS model - just a hair over dealer + tax.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Since the dealer has the bike there already I would not pay any destination charges on it, that to me is their way of making more money on you, I've bought several new bikes in the passed and I have never paid any destination charges.
Honda does charge the dealer the destination (shipping) charge it is listed on Honda's website.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Honda of Russellville, AR
Level 1 $20,485 out the door. 22% off accessories at time of sale. Talk to my buddy Earl. 888-753-0405
I don't work for them. I've bought a lot of stuff there.

·
Registered
7,008 Posts
+1 for Honda of Russellville, Russellville, AR. Great guys and a no hassle lowest price you can find on a new one. I bought my 2013 there for at least $2K less than any dealer in the Dallas area would sell it to me for. When I bought mine, they also had year old models for about $1000 less so you could probably get a 2013 out the door for around $19,500 or so.

I believe Shawnee Honda in Shawnee, OK is owned by the same owner and offers similar deals and service but I can't speak from personal experience on that one.

Having said that....the quote you have is $20,690 vs. the $20,490 or so from Honda of Russellville so you are likely within $200 of the best deal with what you have in hand.

One note...if you do decide on Honda of Russellville, they will pick you up at the airport so you can sign the paperwork and ride it home.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
russellville

yea, talk to earl, good thing about russellville, puts you right smack in the middle of some great riding. just got my 14 they painted it and have rode every day in houston since i got in in mid january.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the advice guys. Just may take a trip to Russellville in April.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Be sure to add in the price of airline ticket and hotel room.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Beats the 36,000 price in Australia!
Do ya get 'Roo Bars included with that? Here they'll give you Deer Whistles in Colorado . . . but it's not quite the same thing 'crept the damage if you collide with either.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Do ya get 'Roo Bars included with that? Here they'll give you Deer Whistles in Colorado . . . but it's not quite the same thing 'crept the damage if you collide with either.
They should but no, I put shue roo whistles on my wing and despite the controversy of if they work or not I believe they do!

We have more issues with wombats and echidnas here than roos.

wombat image i found to show sizes i have seen on the road

echidna on the road

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
"Alreight, now I'm going to put my thumb in her ----. Crikey! She's really mad now!!" :lol:

When I used to work in IT consulting in the 90s, the developers were always trading film clips, almost like currency. If there was a Ben Franklin of the bunch, it was the mock Steve Irwin one (South Park?).

Pardon me, I'm not so shallow that every Aussie makes me think of that guy, but that particular photo just had me dragon snort my coffee and ROFLMAO. Oy oy oy.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts