GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Goldwing rider. Bought the bike 1 month ago, I think it has rained just about everyday. But still got 1,800 miles on it . So far I'm loving it, handles way better than I would have thought for such a barge. Came from a 2008,1700 Roadstar feet forward position. From being a longtime dirt bike and dual sport rider I like the feeling of my feet under me. Seems to be more control. Don't like how easy the paint scratches tho (sides of tank). Wife said, don't worry about it. It' going to look a lot worse when we get thru with it. lol Looking forward to many adventures on this one.
Wife said , now we can quite going to bike shops for awhile. I told her the only thing I'm looking at, is a map.

·
IronMan
17,461 Posts
:thumbup::thumbup::congrats: MILES = SMILES BEST TOURING BIKE OUT THERE :bow::bow:AINT BAD IN THE TWISTIES EITHER .;)

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
New Goldwing rider. Bought the bike 1 month ago, I think it has rained just about everyday. But still got 1,800 miles on it . So far I'm loving it, handles way better than I would have thought for such a barge. Came from a 2008,1700 Roadstar feet forward position. From being a longtime dirt bike and dual sport rider I like the feeling of my feet under me. Seems to be more control. Don't like how easy the paint scratches tho (sides of tank). Wife said, don't worry about it. It' going to look a lot worse when we get thru with it. lol Looking forward to many adventures on this one.
Wife said , now we can quite going to bike shops for awhilcongrsdse. I told her the only thing I'm looking at, is a map.
congrats
a little carnuba wax will help tank scratches

·
Registered
377 Posts
Congrats! :thumbup:

·
Registered
9,113 Posts
Welcome to the party. :thumbup:

Get yourself a set of tank scuff pads. That'll cure the scratch issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. I've been reading everything I could on this site for the past couple years. A lot of good and helpful information on here. This site is what helped me make up my mind, plus walked into the Harley dealer looked at an Ultra Limited and then went straight across the street and got the Goldwing $7500.00 cheaper. Can go along ways on that

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Congrats on the new toy.

I like your Bride's attitude. $7500 will buy a lot of gas, and maybe a GPS and RAM mount.....

·
Registered
83 Posts
Wing

Congrats on your new bike justaryder. I moved up from an 08 Roadstar almost three years ago as well. Since that time we have had lots of miles with lots of smiles. Good luck and safe riding.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts