GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much do you guys think a 2014 GL1800 Goldwing Audio Comfort Navi XM ABS with 8,000 miles is worth?
Some extras are; highway pegs, Russell Day Long, trunk rack and fog lights.
The person is looking for an offer from me but I really don't know how much this bike is worth. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Eddie Serrano

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
A new 2018 can be bought for around 20-21k. That makes a 6 year old, low miles bike, with the right stuff worth around 13-13,5 in my mind. If I were looking for myself, I would go to cycletrader and do a nationwide search. I'm a guy that will go 2500 miles for the right deal. Good luck. I hope I've helped.

Richard

·
Vendor
16,591 Posts
A guy stopped in yesterday who bought a NOS 2016 base model in Oct of 2019. He paid 15k with 0.3 miles on the ODM.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
How much do you guys think a 2014 GL1800 Goldwing Audio Comfort Navi XM ABS with 8,000 miles is worth?
The person is looking for an offer from me but I really don't know how much this bike is worth. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Eddie Serrano
A 6 year old bike with 8,000 miles. You might want to check if it still has the original tires (or not). If original, they will need to be replaced. Might want to factor that into the offer. Check the "date code" on the tires.

Has the battery been replaced? If not, that will need to be replaced very soon. Factor that into the offer as well.

Sellers can't expect to recoup the costs of "extras" when selling a used bike.

Just a couple tips.....!!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Your best bet is to research the bike on Craigs List, KBB, NADA or Cycle Trader. Get a taste of what they are listed for. To be honest, that is the same procedure we would follow to answer your question. Go into the deal with the facts. Best of luck. (y)

·
Registered
8,084 Posts
Kelly Blue book says $14,485. You can probably add a little for low mileage. Extras are not worthless - especially a Russell Day Long seat. The right buyer will value the add-ons. I'd say ask $16,500 and come down to $15,000 if you need to. If you're more motivated you can come down more... your choice. You could also remove some of the extras and sell them separately.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Eddie Serrano
Go online and get estimates, so you know the facts - not other's opinions. A guy I knew who had sold cars for awhile told me, "The best deal on a car is the deal you FEEL best about". Whether you paid too much or not - if you feel that you got your money's worth, THAT'S the
" Best Deal".

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all your responses, they helped a lot!
Now I feel confident of what I would want to pay for the bike.
Will let you know if I buy the bike.
Thanks,
Eddie S.

·
Registered
8,084 Posts
Thanks for all your responses, they helped a lot!
Now I feel confident of what I would want to pay for the bike.
Will let you know if I buy the bike.
Thanks,
Eddie S.
For some reason I thought you were selling. LOL! Hopefully my comment helped anyway. :)

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
Eddie Serrano
10k to 14k top dollar
Weres the baking at

·
15 year Member
6,818 Posts
You want to “keep” it or “sell” it???

sometimes a goldwinger needs to know his limitations.....

GLWS

mattbcnv

·
Registered
243 Posts
A guy stopped in yesterday who bought a NOS 2016 base model in Oct of 2019. He paid 15k with 0.3 miles on the ODM.
I also bought a brand new leftover 2016 audio comfort last June, $ 15,299.00. Mine had 7 miles on it.

Reactions: GoldWingrGreg

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ed, you may have already purchased it by now, but I bought a '16 Level 3, same as the one you are looking at, with 2000 miles on it for $16,500 almost a year ago. I don't think I stole it, but I also don't think I paid too much either. Depending upon your market, I would say somewhere between $14,500-16,000 is reasonable if it is clean and YOU like it.

Keep in mind that a Level 3 or 4 Wing are the only ones with ABS ... they are hard to find, quick to sell, and worth quite a bit more than a base model.

I agree that opinions aren't particularly valuable when it comes to purchasing decisions like this. Used values are highly dependent on so many things that cannot be calculated. I also agree with Flatsixbasic in regards to that bike being worth to you, what you want to pay for it, period.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ed, you may have already purchased it by now, but I bought a '16 Level 3, same as the one you are looking at, with 2000 miles on it for $16,500 almost a year ago. I don't think I stole it, but I also don't think I paid too much either. Depending upon your market, I would say somewhere between $14,500-16,000 is reasonable if it is clean and YOU like it.

Keep in mind that a Level 3 or 4 Wing are the only ones with ABS ... they are hard to find, quick to sell, and worth quite a bit more than a base model.

I agree that opinions aren't particularly valuable when it comes to purchasing decisions like this. Used values are highly dependent on so many things that cannot be calculated. I also agree with Flatsixbasic in regards to that bike being worth to you, what you want to pay for it, period.
Oops, lost track of the fact that the OP is looking at a '14. I would say $12,500-14,000. Sorry. Again - if you like it, its clean, just buy the dam thing. The price already half as much as it was new anyway.

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
Eddie Serrano
14,000.00 is about the going price

1 - 20 of 20 Posts