GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 Goldwing with Roadsmith trike conversion. When trying to adjust the headlights, pushing the button up or down, I get an "invalid operation" message on the LCD, I looked through the handlebars, gears do not appear stripped and everything seems there, just no adjustment. Any ideas?? TIA

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Have a look in your user handbook, iirc there's a number of can'ts and musts or it won't adjust. I can't remember them, I must go and look them up....

·
IronMan
17,631 Posts
I put leds in mine and run them to lowest setting. Still had to adjust at motor theres a screw you can use to adjust more can get by kneeling down in front

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa thank you Jack--Good suggestion

Ronnie

·
Vendor
22,069 Posts
FYI, I built a module on my 2012 that allowed me to adjust them on the fly by disengaging the speedo signal to the meter panel only (but not the speedo signal to the ECM) and activating the clutch switch. I used a couple relays that were energized by a timer for about 10 seconds when you pushed either the up or down adjustment buttons. This allowed me to adjust the lights while moving, the only problem was it made the speedometer needle go to zero for the few seconds while you made the adjustment, and then it returned to normal once you were done. This is because the circuit that prevents the lights from being adjusted is inside the meter panel, and anytime it sees a speedo input or the bike is in gear and the clutch is out, it disables the system. I tried to reverse engineer the circuit board inside the meter panel to see if I could located and disable the circuit, but without schematics, it proved to be too labor intensive.

I used my homemade circuit for about 5 years and it worked good. I removed it before I sold the bike and still have it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts